Collector's Edition Revealed

Started by ikarop, May 31, 2012, 03:18:24 PM

Author
Collector's Edition Revealed (Read 88,719 times)

ikarop

ikarop

English

Quote from: GearboxDrake and Apone will be using the voices of the original actors. Nothing else to share about returning characters at this time.

Quote from: Gearbox
the four playable characters from the original 1986 movie are for competitive multiplayer -- not campaign.
Press release:

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--SEGA® of America, Inc., Gearbox Software and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products today announced a Collector's Edition and a GameStop-exclusive pre-order offer for its highly anticipated blockbuster Aliens: Colonial Marines™ video game, launching February 12, 2013 worldwide. Offering players a multitude of unique and exclusive content from the ALIENS universe, including four playable characters from the original 1986 movie for competitive multiplayer, the Collector's Edition and the GameStop exclusive are available for pre-order today.

GameStop (North America) Exclusive Pre-Order Content for Competitive Multiplayer*:

Four Playable Movie Characters
        Players will be able to fight for their squad's survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.
    Additional Marines Character Customization Options
    Ripley's Flamethrower

The Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (US $99.99) is set to bring the ultimate ALIENS experience in one box.

Collector's Edition*:

High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box
    Four Playable Movie Characters
        Players will be able to fight for their squad's survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.
    Additional Marines Character Customization Options
    Ripley's Flamethrower
    Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons
        Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers
        Phase Plasma Rifle
    Exclusive Game Level
        USCM Academy Firing Range
    USCM Dossier
        Mission Brief
        USS Sephora Schematic
        Recruitment Card
        LV-426 Recon Photo
        USCM Iron-on Badges
        USCM Graduation Certificate

To preorder Aliens: Colonial Marines from GameStop with the exclusive pre-order bonus or the Collector's Edition, please visit http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Aliens+Colonial+Marines.

Photos:

WinterActual

WinterActual

HOLY XENOMORPH !!! - HICKS, HUDSON, APONE AND DRAKE! RIPLEY'S  DUAL ATTACHED PR+FT = I AM SOLD!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

DUDE.  Worth it for that Power Loader and the movie characters alone!  Rips flamethrower FTW.  That's great, looks like a definite buy for me, maybe even if the game bites it. :laugh:

newbeing

newbeing

Wow. Color me surprised that they were able to get the actors' likenesses.

Corporal Hicks

It's the PR/Flamethrower combo that has me interested. Verry interesting. Can't wait to see that in action.

And to be able to play as Hicks! :)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'm already imagining entire squads of Apones or Hudsons running around the map, everyone firing off movie lines as the shit hits the fan. :laugh:

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 31, 2012, 03:41:22 PM

And to be able to play as Hicks! :)
Yes this is the bad thing about releasing movie chars in the games. The whole servers are filled with the same char  ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Can someone translate the German, because... That last item looks suspiciously like one of Hudson's oft-alluded 'sonic electronic ball-breakers'. :)

Berserker Pred

BUGSY APONE!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That plasma rifle looks very cool, sort of Aliens + Alien: Resurrection designs.  I'm digging it.

Anybody know what that box on the right is?  I can't tell if it's a display/diorama type thing or what.

Predaker

Predaker

Classic mode!  :)

Berserker Pred

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 31, 2012, 03:53:40 PM
That plasma rifle looks very cool, sort of Aliens + Alien: Resurrection designs.  I'm digging it.

Anybody know what that box on the right is?  I can't tell if it's a display/diorama type thing or what.

It's the box it all comes in and i think there are panels that fold out of it that you can use as a diorama for the powerloader.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 31, 2012, 03:47:45 PM
Can someone translate the German, because... That last item looks suspiciously like one of Hudson's oft-alluded 'sonic electronic ball-breakers'. :)

QuoteThe Limited Edition will come with four playable movie characters in the form of Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone, along with some special customization options for your Marine. Lastly, you'll also get your hands on the duct taped Pulse Rifle + Flamethrower that Ripley used on her trip into the Alien hive near the end of the film. One can assume that the Limited edition is most likely a pre-order bonus type of thing.

Next we have the Collector's Edition which comes with everything included in the Limited Edition and more. You get the four playable movie characters, customization options and Ripley's Flamethrower. It also includes a high quality Power Loader figure made of resin packed inside a limited Xeno Hive Box. Exclusive multiplayer weapons such as the Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers and Phase plasma rifle. There is also an exclusive Level featuring a firing range at the USCM Academy, as well as a plethora of paper goods like the USCM-dossier', commission, floor plans of the USS Sephora, personal information sheet, LV-426: Reconnaissance photo, a USCM-Iron-on Badge, USCM's degree certificate.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Thanks, dudes.  Man that's some cool shit, LV-426 reconnaissance photos?  Those could be very cool, or just as easily be quite lame. :laugh:  Same with the Sephora, I'd hope for a near identical match to the Sulaco so you could basically be getting Sulaco blueprints...

Still, the coolness.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: newbeing on May 31, 2012, 03:40:03 PM
Wow. Color me surprised that they were able to get the actors' likenesses.

Do you think that Michael Biehn will sue them for using his likeness?  LOL.

Also, I think in all fairness that they should include a skin for Vasquez.  She is arguable one of the most well-developed and colorful characters of the film.  I would much rather prefer to see her than Drake or Apone. 

No skin for Ripley?!? wtf?

Maybe the entire crew of the Sulaco will be available as downloadable content.  Fingers crossed.

All in all, this looks like an excellent collector's edition. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed