AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 326,481 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I enjoyed it, but I was a little disappointed with some elements. I'm not complaining, I know it took a long time to make and a whole lot of it was awesome, but there were a few bits I didn't like.

EDIT:

Spoiler
I didn't like how the acid blood didn't come into play very much, I know it was probably time consuming or something but it would have been nice to see a bit more.

I didn't like how the Aliens only landed a few hits on the Predator, rather than injuring him. It reminded me a little too much of AvPR.

Queen and Predalien felt a bit rushed into the film.
[close]

6/10

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

What bits ? I would of preferred the predator if it was stalking and stealthy like in predator but it was still good :)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Edited it. ;)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

My main issue was the storytelling, it felt rushed and not very well paced. Some technical issues too, but he's not working at ILM so i'm not complaining about those.

I would give it a 6.5/10.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 15, 2010, 12:45:02 PM
My main issue was the storytelling, it felt rushed and not very well paced. Some technical issues too, but he's not working at ILM so i'm not complaining about those.

I agree with it being fast paced, but I loved the special effects, very, very good for a low budget fan film.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Purebreedalien on May 15, 2010, 12:42:46 PM
Edited it. ;)
Oh you make good points if I had to pick bits I didn't like I would of chosen those ones or ones very similar but luckily I am easily pleased in everything that I watch and do which is good

UrbaneVirtuoso

UrbaneVirtuoso

I'm pretty sure the Predators had the incentive of sending forth a professional combatant - one whose got years of experience fighting the Xenomorphs. I say this because their technology potentially fell into the wrong hands, judging from the prologue. That's a pretty big deal for them.

Either way, this film was very well done. The CGI was good too, considering the budget. But what mattered to me even more was the Predator's mannerisms - VERY reminiscent of the original. Fox could learn a thing or two from this.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 15, 2010, 12:45:02 PM

You are asking way too much from a fan film done with a $500 budget.

I myself enjoyed the film. Being what it is, it's fantastic. Oh, if AvPR had half of this film... seriously, some bits are awesome. Like the Sparta Kick :D
The 3d models are very great also. Bit loss on the slimy part (they are dry) but I don't really care. Love the use of the original soundtracks. Seeing the ship with the original Alien overture gave me chills. :)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteYou are asking way too much from a fan film done with a $500 budget.
The ability to tell a good story doesnt cost money at all. Like i said, my main problem was the pacing, first half very good, once he's inside the ship it felt rushed and there was just too much going on. Less is more sometimes, the queen was just overkill.

So if anything, he had too much of an budget, putting way too much things in a short feature, not allowing it to unfold.

Spoiler
It just went *boom* alien *boom* predalien *boom* human blows predalien *boom* predator kills human *boom* queen and then ship explodes. END
[close]

Undel

Undel

:o :o :o :o :o The visuals *bows down* I'm not worthy.

Hemi

Hemi

well....that was far better then the AVP movies lol.

If this thing was full length and had tad more adjustments story-wise...it could rock as a full feature movie.

As a short-movie im giving it a 7/10

I give the aftereffects/3d visuals a good 9/10. (fan-art wise offcourse...you came damn close to the real-deal m8)

I tit-bit of critique : PULSE RIFLES!!! lol

and is that an empress at the end? Its HUGE!!  :)

Master

Master

At least predalien had proper mandibles. I thought I won`t live up to the day.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 15, 2010, 01:19:21 PM
The ability to tell a good story doesnt cost money at all.
But it is still a low budget fanfilm that was done in the freetime of two years, you can't ask too much like you would from an official film.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 15, 2010, 01:39:59 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 15, 2010, 01:19:21 PM
The ability to tell a good story doesn't cost money at all.
But it is still a low budget fanfilm that was done in the freetime of two years, you can't ask too much like you would from an official film.
I'm not, I'm saying this from a fanfilm perspective, that was the same problem with S.E.E.D, it had all those great costumes and stuff and it failed due to bad storytelling and bad editing.

The second half felt rushed and uninspired, whats so hard to understand about that? You don't agree with me? Fine, i don't give a shit about that, nor do I'm saying that i could have done it better, still, my point stands. It was good, but i wasnt impressed like some people are. Big deal.

Puks

Puks

Very, very nice fan film. I didn't expect the CGI to be that good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed