Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by XENOMORPHOSIS - Today at 07:19:41 PM
@Mike's Monsters can I ask what's the source suggesting t the third entry of Ridley's Prequel was going to be called Alien: Destiny?
I'm so excited for this film and of course this new Neca line for the movie, I think that we all knew that this would happen but it's cool seeing it officially announced
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 07:14:22 PM
Quote from: gold on Today at 11:53:31 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 11:24:44 AMYou ought to watch this gold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mskxKtU0ZHQ

@SiL: Yes, casting actual Ellen Ripley as opposed to a brunette Hollywood clone.

@BlueMarsalis79: Thank you so much for that link. What an awesome video.

Neil Blomkamp is me.

It's hard to explain the cognitive dissonance that I sometimes feel when discussing the franchise with people. But for people like me (of my age) who saw these movies as they were released to cinemas there was a -tremendous- let down that happened in 1992. Alien (Scott) was 1 Alien, Aliens (Cameron) was multiple Aliens. We all had such great hopes for A3.

It was going to be all out war on Earth? A venture to the Aliens home planet? More lore? Was the Xenomorph a manifestation of a realm beyond the universe where raw emotions with no logic reigned? Was that why the sexual Giger shapes were so repulsive and attractive at the same time? Why humans couldn't really "place" them?

No, Hicks dead, little Newt dead, all in the opening minute. Ripley comitting suicide at the end.

What a let down.

I know for a fact that this is what we all felt back in 1992.

Blompkamp felt exactly the same thing (there were so many of us). It seems like he really understood where this franchise had needed to go after Aliens. Where it wanted to go.

Say what you like but Blomkamps Alien 5 would haven been an EVENT. The entire fanbase would have looked foreward to it years in advance (and we did).

All we have now of that parallel timeline sequel to Aliens is the 2013 Aliens: Colonial Marines game. Which (at least on PC with TemplarGFX) scratches the itch somewhat.

But man would Blomkamps Alien have been special.

Think about it, it would have been different but- a true sequel to Aliens. Alien 3 was different (way different to what we expected) and has its fans. Blomkamps A5 would have had its fans for decades to come.

In all honesty I think in that parallel dimension, internet polls would be divided between Aliens 1986 and Blomkamps A5 being the single best movie in the franchise.
In all honesty I think that the better that could ever happen is this Blomkamp dumb crap getting cancelled. Alien 3 did the best to finish the trilogy, I don't buy the Ripley-Hicks-Newt happy family BS. This is the Alien franchise, it's brutal, unfair, doesn't forgive anyone
Last post by Rankles75 - Today at 07:07:00 PM
Thanks Mike! 👍

I've been waiting a looooong time for a viable alternative to "Ripley dreams of expendable bald guys", and was hopeful that this would be it, but apart from retconning what came after Aliens, I don't think I've liked anything I've seen or heard about it.

Guess I'll be sticking to the Gibson version or the Dark Horse trilogy.
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 06:48:23 PM
I always loved Resurrection's weapons. I would have loved fot the movie to developped it a bit more.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 06:46:56 PM
I fear the official trailer's gonna go crazy and show a lot.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Fallout
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 06:42:27 PM
Hey, the Warhammer series is coming, right?
I just downloaded AVP on Series X with the intent to play some multiplayer. Can anyone tell me if the online servers are still active and if so do people still play?

I want to get the last achievement I need which is an online achievement.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 06:26:30 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Today at 06:06:50 PMlike a kid playing with his action figures

Literally everything about this movie reads like shit a pair of 7 year olds playing with their Kenner toys would come up with, and I should know.
Alien-Predator Games / Re: Survios and 20th Century G...
Last post by RidgeTop - Today at 06:08:36 PM
I think the Meta Quest headsets don't use wires.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed