First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 46,592 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

He's trying to stick it to Shaw.

Deuterium

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 08:08:22 PM
Planned and intelligent design process, eh?

Why didn't he say nature does not build straight lines? He said God.  :P

I presume his character was speaking metaphorically...as we know he is not a person of religious faith, unlike Shaw.

EDIT:  ^ Woops, beaten by Cvalda.  ;D

Predaker

Predaker

So Holloway equates God with nature, thus proving he has some belief in God. Jackpot!

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 08:11:44 PM
So Holloway equates God with nature, thus proving he has some belief in God. Jackpot!

LOL.  I don't think his character believes in "God" in the orthodox, theological and teleological sense.

Vickers

Vickers

When I saw an article on JoBlo announcing a new Prometheus clip, I was super excited.

I'm glad it wasn't anything spoilerish and just the landing but, my gosh, that was some terrible editing.  It's obvious that there were a couple of shots taken out (aside from the obvious shots we've seen from the trailers - Prometheus searing through the clouds, a longer closeup of Prometheus landing with clouds of dust blowing off the ground etc.).  But I really hope the entire landing is approached properly.  I don't want it to be like BAM!  I want them to take their time on the crew entering this unexplored planet.

As for the score in that clip, hmmm, it wasn't terrible but something felt off to me.  Maybe it was the heavily chopped down scene from the film?  I think I'd need to hear more of the score to properly judge it.

And as for Logan Marshall Green, I stand by my opinion - everything I've seen of him so far has been terrible (and there's been a fair amount of footage released, even for a 2 hour film).  I'm not saying he isn't talented.  I didn't mind him in Devil but he is completely miscast for Prometheus in my opinion.  I get that his character is stubborn, determined, an adventurous and reckless scientist but he comes off as way too douchey.  I don't know if we're eventually supposed to warm up to this guy but I don't see it happening for me.  Oh well, here's hoping Vickers torches his ass.

Predaker

Predaker

This movie is fun.  ;D

If there were no God, there would be no atheists.

If there were no Santa Claus, there would be no presents on Christmas Day.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

The best thing on this thread is Cvalda's avatar & signature. Next awesome thing to 'dat Charlize..

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on May 14, 2012, 08:18:43 PM
I get that his character is stubborn, determined, an adventurous and reckless scientist but he comes off as way too douchey.  I don't know if we're eventually supposed to warm up to this guy but I don't see it happening for me.  Oh well, here's hoping Vickers torches his ass.
How much you wanna bet the film is gonna try and play him as a sympathetic hero we're supposed to feel for? ::)

Predaker

Predaker

If there was no Prometheus, we might be watching AvP3 soon in IMAX 3D.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 08:28:15 PM
If there was no Prometheus, we might be watching AvP3 soon in IMAX 3D.

The Asylum already made that film - they just called it Alien VS Hunter  ;)

In 3 weeks, Cvalda and Vickers will be wielding steaming sexy Logan Marshall-Green sigs and avatars - I'm calling it now  ;D

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 08:23:55 PM
How much you wanna bet the film is gonna try and play him as a sympathetic hero we're supposed to feel for? ::)

It worked for Cameron in Titanic.

Predaker

Predaker

I will feel for Holloway when he gets torched by Vickers or eviscerated by an alien lifeform. I will feel sweet justice... ;)

Qwertify

Qwertify

I seems that Ridley wants this hotshot in the film to be kind of a smart alec - because then it is far more dramatic when he realizes he doesn't know shit and his whole philosophy and leap before you think attitude are going to lead him to certain regret and trouble.

I mean - if he really caves in and realizes just how big of a douche bag he is, and in coming to terms with this decides that though he is worthless, he will still try to do something worthwhile at some point to undo his past mistakes - would you not kind of warm up to him a little bit? It is like - he you were a douche but now you fully realize it and try to do everything to undo all your douchiness - so you are not so bad in my book anymore.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 08:38:31 PM
It worked for Cameron in Titanic.
Huh?

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Eva on May 14, 2012, 08:37:09 PM
In 3 weeks, Cvalda and Vickers will be wielding steaming sexy Logan Marshall-Green sigs and avatars - I'm calling it now  ;D

Lol! A miracle has to happen in the film for me to like his character. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed