Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 363,472 times)

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Aug 10, 2007, 02:19:35 AM
Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 10, 2007, 02:18:30 AM
Quote from: slipknotpredator on Aug 10, 2007, 02:15:28 AM
Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 10, 2007, 02:13:30 AM

I'am surprised that people think Bishop from Alien 3 is a droid He had red blood and he even said   " I'am not a droid I'am not a droid. " is it really that hard to believe that was the real Mr Weyland?

Why did 85 just before hitting bishop says: "f**king robot!!" ????
Why is he going yo say that if he was a human???

Because he probably thought he was a droid.

Why???

I don't know you tell me why you think he's a droid

slipknotpredator

Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 10, 2007, 02:23:32 AM

I'am surprised that people think Bishop from Alien 3 is a droid He had red blood and he even said   " I'am not a droid I'am not a droid. " is it really that hard to believe that was the real Mr Weyland?

Why???

In my modest opinion and without offending "Human Bishop II fans", i think he was a droid, i think the company was trying to make Ripley believe he was a human in order to ger the queen. Why 85 would say that? well i think he knew he was a droid. And as been discused in many posts, what is in movies is canon, so AVP is, so Bishop II = Robot.
This is just my opinion...

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Aug 10, 2007, 02:29:05 AM
Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 10, 2007, 02:23:32 AM

Why???

so AVP is, so Bishop II = Robot.

So Bishop 2 can't be the son or grand son of Mr Weyland from AVP? And Why the hell would they make his blood red then did they know what would happen?

slipknotpredator

Yeah...maybe, hahah this bishop II thing is so fu**ed up...there are arguments for both theorys... :-\

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Aug 10, 2007, 02:44:52 AM
Yeah...maybe, hahah this bishop II thing is so fu**ed up...there are arguments for both theorys... :-\

yet we all are still arguing about it.    :D

Fitzley

In my modest opinion and without offending "Human Bishop II fans", i think he was a droid, i think the company was trying to make Ripley believe he was a human in order to ger the queen. Why 85 would say that? well i think he knew he was a droid. And as been discused in many posts, what is in movies is canon, so AVP is, so Bishop II = Robot.

Lets examine that scene. Bishop asks "Do you know who I am?" Ripley replies that she thinks he is a droid sent by the company, which he denies. Aaron heard all of this and thinks he is a droid. Later, he hits Bishop, Bishop bleeds red blood and exclaims that he is not a droid...thus saying basically to Ripley..."hey I was telling the truth".

How could the company anticipate that they would need a droid that might get injured? How could they possibly have known that "hey...we need a droid that bleeds red...you know...just in case he gets hit on the head or something?" I mean really...does that not sound ridiculous to you?

There are two theories, one you can poke a million holes into. The other has more solid evidence.

slipknotpredator

Quote from: Fitzley on Aug 10, 2007, 03:06:39 AM

Lets examine that scene. Bishop asks "Do you know who I am?" Ripley replies that she thinks he is a droid sent by the company, which he denies. Aaron heard all of this and thinks he is a droid. Later, he hits Bishop, Bishop bleeds red blood and exclaims that he is not a droid...thus saying basically to Ripley..."hey I was telling the truth".

How could the company anticipate that they would need a droid that might get injured? How could they possibly have known that "hey...we need a droid that bleeds red...you know...just in case he gets hit on the head or something?" I mean really...does that not sound ridiculous to you?

There are two theories, one you can poke a million holes into. The other has more solid evidence.

Good points, maybe i should watch it again...but it`s still so confusing...

scholar

one question what happened to bishop in Alien 3 was he salvaged or burned

Fitzley

You mean after Ripley used him to hook up the flight recorder? I don't know, she disconnects him, but I don't think its shown what happens to him after that.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Aug 10, 2007, 03:08:55 AM
Quote from: Fitzley on Aug 10, 2007, 03:06:39 AM

Good points, maybe i should watch it again...but it`s still so confusing...

First of all, WY using a droid would mean them controlling the situation... the red blood is not just to fuel the various droid parts, it would be used to colour the skin as well, like us...

Third, him screaming he was not a droid is pathetic, to say the least...probably why it was removed from the theatrical cut... ;)

There are a million ways he could prove he was not a droid, and that one was ridiculous at best... Again, his head injuries look way off as well... in the assembly cut, he was gushing blood like a fire hose so that is definitely pushing it...

If he was human, that was a very poorly devised scene... if he was a droid, then it would be more in character regarding WY's deceptive, manipulative and greedy nature...

If it was so evident he was human, how could Fox let Paul make the Charles Weyland character, especially since the probabilities of an identical descendant in the same business and devising the Bishop android, especially since the take over by Yutani, would be quite slim...

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Aug 12, 2007, 03:31:27 PM
If it was so evident he was human, how could Fox let Paul make the Charles Weyland character, especially since the probabilities of an identical descendant in the same business and devising the Bishop android, especially since the take over by Yutani, would be quite slim...

Heh...ever seen Back to the Future II or III?

Anyway, there's a looooong established tradition of actors playing multiple members of a family line.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Aug 12, 2007, 03:34:27 PM

Heh...ever seen Back to the Future II or III?

Anyway, there's a looooong established tradition of actors playing multiple members of a family line.

Yes, but Alien 3 was done BEFORE AVP, not after... And I think that unless something is onscreen, it is on the realm of speculation...

And the 'Back To the Future' remark is a joke, right...? My father has three generations, and in none of them, is my father similar to his grandfather or his great-grandfather... nor do any of his brothers and sisters the spitting image of their ancestors, so that is quite stretching...

We are talking 150 years of several Weyland generations, and the probability of one of his descendants having his spitting image AND working on the same field and company (now merged with Yutani) as his 150-year old ancestor is quite unrealistic... 150 years saw Weyland merge with Yutani, and we don't even know if Weyland had any descendants... maybe AVP2 could shed some light on this... ;) 

Fitzley

Fitzley

First of all, WY using a droid would mean them controlling the situation... the red blood is not just to fuel the various droid parts, it would be used to colour the skin as well, like us...

Why do they need to do that? Ash and Bishop from Alien and Aliens looked human...human enough that no one knew they were androids until one started spitting white stuff and the other cut himself.

Third, him screaming he was not a droid is pathetic, to say the least...probably why it was removed from the theatrical cut... ;)

Again, why is it pathetic? He was trying to prove to Ripley the whole time he was telling the truth. His goal was to get the specimen, obviously Ripley didn't believe him, he was trying desperately to earn her trust.

There are a million ways he could prove he was not a droid, and that one was ridiculous at best... Again, his head injuries look way off as well... in the assembly cut, he was gushing blood like a fire hose so that is definitely pushing it...

I never saw blood gushing out of him like a fire hose...its on his head and coat. Head wounds bleed a lot, even minor ones. And even so, if it was gushing, than that would be more realistic.

If he was human, that was a very poorly devised scene... if he was a droid, then it would be more in character regarding WY's deceptive, manipulative and greedy nature...

It works better that he is human, because if he is telling the truth, than there is a possibility that Ripley could have been saved. Thus making her sacrifice more powerful.

Because Fox didn't do their research either. What basis do you have to say that it is a slim possibility that the corporation would not employ members of the Weyland family that have varied talents?

You also need to address these points from my earlier posting:

It is also important to note that Bishop II did not take that blow full on in the head, most of it was his shoulder and a glancing blow to his head that tore his ear. When he writhes in pain for a moment he is moving for his shoulder, not his head.

People have taken extraordinary injuries, objects lodged in their skull for instance, and still managed to do extraordinary things afterwards like continue walking to call for help.

What logical reason do they have to make one droid that we have seen that bleeds red when all others have bled white? If Bishop II was a new, improved android, so was Call...why does she not have this nifty red blood to fool people? What would be the point of making it red? When any logical person who examines the wound more closely or their behavior afterwards might realize they are not human...you know like Call getting up after being shot in the chest (according to Distepheno, though it was more her lower abdomen).

There is no logical reason to make an android's blood red unless after serious injury they will either a) play dead and b) they expect not to be examined closely.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Aug 12, 2007, 03:41:34 PM
And the 'Back To the Future' remark is a joke, right...? My father has three generations, and in none of them, is my father similar to his grandfather or his great-grandfather... nor do any of his brothers and sisters the spitting image of their ancestors, so that is quite stretching...

No, not a joke.  BTTF is a movie, just as AvP is.  Your family line is reality, and has no bearing on the film-logic of look-alike descendants.

In movies, different characters are often played by one person.  It's just the way it is, and it's highly unlikely that AvP2 will be "shedding light" on this massive conspiracy.

SiL

SiL

Not to mention that, yes, there are people who're the spitting image of their ancestors.

I saw The Dead Zone yesterday and was amazed by how much Martin Sheen in his younger days looked like his son Charlie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed