Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 363,368 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 03:12:30 AM

QuoteAnd after he got hit with the wrench, he did not get medical attention, and none of the team seemed to care. Maybe because, he was a synth, and that it wouldn't kill him.

He obviously didn't require it at that point, as evidenced in the film, plus the clock was ticking.  If you'd read anything about head injuries as has been mentioned a zillions time already in this thread, you'd know that people can suffer horrific injuries and are still appear to be perfectly healthy.  Are they all robots too?

well, they should have at least helped the humanoid to his feet. They didn't seem to care

SM

SM

He was back on his feet by the time they dealt with Aaron.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 03:28:47 AM
He was back on his feet by the time they dealt with Aaron.

yes, but they should have come to his aid to help him back on his feet in my opinion and have someone with him in case he did collapse.

SM

SM

He was hanging on to the fence.  And walked out of the prison under his own steam.  Despite appearances, the wound wasn't that bad.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

going back to the quote
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Feb 11, 2009, 02:57:14 AM
so Bishop 2 said "The company sent me here to show you a friendly face to demonstrate how important you are to us, to me." and I'd assume that showed he was in some way a part of the Company

(N.B. the word Way was added in afterwards when i realised it had been left out after SM's response)

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 03:12:30 AM
I wouldn't.  I'd say it was an option, but not the only option.

well I'll say it's his statement that he is part of the company whatever the company is, he didn't refer to the company as "them", he said "us" and we know that the company is Weyland-Yutani. He has also represents himself as someone involved in learning about the alien life form as well, and he claims that he was sent to show a friendly face to show how important Ripley is to both the company as a whole and him as an individual.

So that's telling me that he is a part of the company, but anymore I don't know

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 03:51:07 AM
He was hanging on to the fence.  And walked out of the prison under his own steam.  Despite appearances, the wound wasn't that bad.

In the theatrical version, we didn't see him walk out.

And even if he was hanging onto the fence, I think he needed someone with him

SM

SM

Obviously not.

dachande89

A wrench smashed into the side of his head. His ear was hanging off, and most likely his skull was fractured, and yet there he is, standing and yelling at Ripley to let him have the Alien, and nobody tries to take him to the supposed medical facility on the ship where they wanted to remove the embryo from Ripley. With the force that the wrench slammed into his head he should have been down and out. And as for the guys with guns, yea they should have reacted. Aaron didnt walk up and smash Bishop, he shouted "f**kING ANDROID!" as he ran up and smashed the wrench into his head. They just stood, watched, and then reacted after the damage was done. Nobody gave a shit that Bishop had his skull whacked, but afterwards, we see Morse with a bandaged leg. So they could fix the guy they shot, but not a supposedly important man from the company. Something about it screams expendable, like a droid.

SM

SM

There is so much of that post that screams bullshit, I don't even know where to start.

Eidotemit

You don't have to, we have all covered each of those points at one point or another.

dachande89

What bull shit? The wrench smashed his head, his ear was hanging off, nobody reacted til after it was done, and despite it all, he was still there yelling for Ripley to come back. Morse got bandanged, since he had a leg brace. Not bull shit, its wjat happened in the film, after that, its interpretation of the events.

maledoro

maledoro

Okay, I'll start.

Quote from: dachande89 on Feb 11, 2009, 11:04:27 PM
What bull shit? The wrench smashed his head, his ear was hanging off
You exaggerated the injury; it wasn't that severe.

nobody reacted til after it was done
They were focused on other things, like prisoners and aliens. The assistant warder shouldn't pose a threat.

and despite it all, he was still there yelling for Ripley to come back.
Again, he wasn't injured that badly.

Morse got bandanged, since he had a leg brace.
I administered first aid to someone the other day. Am I a robot, too?

Not bull shit, its wjat happened in the film, after that, its interpretation of the events.
More like misinterpretation of events. I swear, you pro-android fanatics have to distort things to build your case. If you have to fight that hard to prove your points you should consider abandoning your view. Hell, I used to believe in God until I realized how much out of the way I had to go to convince others (and myself) that He existed. Once I realized that I had to jump through hoops and distort things in order to believe, I didn't just give up; I woke up. I realized how silly it was to have to fight so hard just to believe in something of which there was no evidence.

And, as Eidotemit pointed out, everything you said had been addressed and refuted earlier in the thread.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 04:52:52 AM
Obviously not.

well, I think that there's something strange about why they didn't come to his aid.

Quote from: dachande89 on Feb 11, 2009, 05:00:15 AM
Something about it screams expendable, like a droid.

I realise that I'm just quibbling over one word that you used, but are you sure that the androids are so "expendable"? If he was an android and if that's why they didn't bother to come to his aid after he was hit, I suppose they assumed that the android could handle itself as if the damage he incurred was likely to be cosmetic.

dachande89

No I'm saying they bandaged the man they shot, but not the company man. It made no sense. And in the movie, his ear is clearly partially hanging off. And I'm not twisting events, Im stating them. I dont honestly care if you believe or not.  You do not cause a man's ear to hang off his head, without doing some major damage.

Xenomrph

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Feb 11, 2009, 11:32:54 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 04:52:52 AM
Obviously not.

well, I think that there's something strange about why they didn't come to his aid.
The Company, considering someone expendable? Why I never! :P

As an aside, after Ripley jumps in the furnace, do we ever see Bishop II again? Like, can we identify him among the people walking out with Morse or whatever?

maledoro

Quote from: dachande89 on Feb 11, 2009, 11:45:34 PM
No I'm saying they bandaged the man they shot, but not the company man. It made no sense.
Of course it made no sense: You didn't see Bishop's designer at all during that sequence. Most likely, he was already onboard the ship getting checked out.

And in the movie, his ear is clearly partially hanging off.
No, it isn't. At most, it was partially torn, but it wasn't hanging off.

And I'm not twisting events, Im stating them.
You just twisted them by saying his ear was hanging off.

I dont honestly care if you believe or not.
It doesn't matter what I believe. It didn't happen.

You do not cause a man's ear to hang off his head, without doing some major damage.
And, once again, it wasn't that severe.

Watch this. His ear is pretty well attached to his head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed