Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 366,161 times)

dachande89

And they sent in a team of highly trained marines, who were killed by the same organism. With an Alien, there always is a risk.

SM

SM

Of course.  But in Aliens you had cocky marines who had very little idea what they were up against.  In Alien3 you had corporate soldiers who had a better idea of what they were up against - one creature.

Xenomrph

Exactly. If the Marines in 'Aliens' had to deal with one and only one creature, I imagine they'd have fared substantially better. :P

Quote from: dachande89 on Feb 11, 2009, 01:16:58 AM
But as he came he said "The company wanted to send a friendly face, so it sent me. I built the bishop android." So he had some position within the company
Not necessarily, the Company wanted to send a friendly face, Bishop was a friendly face, so they paid the designer to stand in and be the "friendly face". That doesn't necessarily mean he worked for W-Y.

Could he have? Sure, I'm not saying he didn't. Or even if he didn't work directly for them, the company he worked for could have been a subsidiary of W-Y or whatever.

I'm just saying we shouldn't jump to conclusions. :)

dachande89

True, but there is still a great risk that something could happen. And putting a valued company man, into any kind of possibly dangerous circumstance, seems unethical (but when was W-Y ever ethical). Seems like they would likely put a synth in their, something far easier to replace.

SM

SM

QuoteTrue, but there is still a great risk that something could happen.

Therefore you send in a bunch of guys with machine guns to lessen that risk.

If they'd sent in a synth, he would've bled white blood when Aaron belted him.  Assuming he didn't use his synthetic reflexes to actually try and block the guy coming up behind him yelling "f**kING ANDROID!!!"

dachande89

For a supposedly crack team, that was heavily armed and ready for an Alien attack, a single guy with a wrench managed to do some damage before they reacted.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 01:24:36 AM
What risk?  He was surrounded by heavily armed guards.  WY obviously figured that would be sufficient.

I'm looking at the scene now and I suppose at least that Bishop 2 followed by heavily armed guards. They didn't look as if they were going ahead to secure the area in case the alien creature was there before them, Bishop 2 , without any protection before him was open to attack from a possible adult alien creature. If they knew anything about the alien and it's unpredictability since it slaughtered a whole group of marines, they ought to have showed some caution because perhaps "85", Bishop 2 and the surgeon could have been the first to fall victim.

SM

SM

QuoteFor a supposedly crack team, that was heavily armed and ready for an Alien attack, a single guy with a wrench managed to do some damage before they reacted.

So?  Aaron was on their side up till that point.  Just shows they weren't androids either.  Or clairvoyant.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 11, 2009, 02:37:35 AM
Exactly. If the Marines in 'Aliens' had to deal with one and only one creature, I imagine they'd have fared substantially better. :P

Quote from: dachande89 on Feb 11, 2009, 01:16:58 AM
But as he came he said "The company wanted to send a friendly face, so it sent me. I built the bishop android." So he had some position within the company
Not necessarily, the Company wanted to send a friendly face, Bishop was a friendly face, so they paid the designer to stand in and be the "friendly face". That doesn't necessarily mean he worked for W-Y.

Could he have? Sure, I'm not saying he didn't. Or even if he didn't work directly for them, the company he worked for could have been a subsidiary of W-Y or whatever.

I'm just saying we shouldn't jump to conclusions. :)

so Bishop 2 said "The company sent me here to show you a friendly face to demonstrate how important you are to us, to me." and I'd assume that showed he was in some a part of the Company

dachande89

Not saying they needed to expect it, but if a dude is running at the man you have to protect, with a wrench, and nobody takes the shot, something about it says expendable to me. And after he got hit with the wrench, he did not get medical attention, and none of the team seemed to care. Maybe because, he was a synth, and that it wouldn't kill him.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 02:43:53 AM
If they'd sent in a synth, he would've bled white blood when Aaron belted him.  Assuming he didn't use his synthetic reflexes to actually try and block the guy coming up behind him yelling "f**kING ANDROID!!!"

If Bishop2 was a android, he would have been an altogether a different type of android than the Bishop or Ash types. This one would have been created to be mistaken for a human to the degree of bleeding red blood when hit.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: dachande89 on Feb 11, 2009, 03:00:24 AM
And after he got hit with the wrench, he did not get medical attention, and none of the team seemed to care. Maybe because, he was a synth, and that it wouldn't kill him.

that is something that I would be considering too

SM

SM

QuoteIf Bishop2 was a android, he would have been an altogether a different type of android than the Bishop or Ash types. This one would have been created to be mistaken for a human to the degree of bleeding red blood when hit.

So for all intents and purposes he'd be human.  A very expensive human.

Quoteand I'd assume that showed he was in some a part of the Company

I wouldn't.  I'd say it was an option, but not the only option.

QuoteNot saying they needed to expect it, but if a dude is running at the man you have to protect, with a wrench, and nobody takes the shot, something about it says expendable to me.

So they're all looking at Ripley, but they're supposed to stop a guy who takes a couple of steps and belts the boss with a wrench.  And how are they supposed to stop him?  With the Force?

QuoteAnd after he got hit with the wrench, he did not get medical attention, and none of the team seemed to care. Maybe because, he was a synth, and that it wouldn't kill him.

He obviously didn't require it at that point, as evidenced in the film, plus the clock was ticking.  If you'd read anything about head injuries as has been mentioned a zillions time already in this thread, you'd know that people can suffer horrific injuries and are still appear to be perfectly healthy.  Are they all robots too?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quoteand I'd assume that showed he was in some a part of the Company

that should have said "and I'd assume that showed he was in some WAY a part of the Company", but well I left that "WAY" word out by mistake

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2009, 03:12:30 AM
QuoteIf Bishop2 was a android, he would have been an altogether a different type of android than the Bishop or Ash types. This one would have been created to be mistaken for a human to the degree of bleeding red blood when hit.

So for all intents and purposes he'd be human.  A very expensive human.

well, if he was an android, he would pass as a human to a further degree than the android Ash who was supposed to pass as a human amongst humans

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed