Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 363,478 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 19, 2014, 12:47:49 AM
I'm aware, but I was just saying it's a weird thing to say.  "I'm playing "Civilian 4." "I play "Army Soldier 12".

It is weird situation being brought up. The character seems to come up as an indistinct vision of someone in the script suddenly revealing himself to be not a robot, whatever that revelation is worth

Valaquen

I'm aware, but I was just saying it's a weird thing to say.  "I'm playing "Civilian 4." "I play "Army Soldier 12".
He didn't seem to make much of the role. It was only a thing. He seemed more keen about resuming his role as Bishop, though.

SM

SM

"Civlian" and "Army Soldier" aren't character names like "Bishop" however.

MrSpaceJockey

That's makes it even weirder, adding a number to a specific character's name.  But seriously, whatever.  It was just a small opinion I had, hardly important, with little point in discussing.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 20, 2014, 12:53:20 AM
He didn't seem to make much of the role. It was only a thing. He seemed more keen about resuming his role as Bishop, though.

Justifiably so!

SM

SM

I like to call him Bishop the Second rather than Bishop II.

Which is just as silly 'cos he was the first.  ;D

Local Trouble

Quote from: Master on Jan 18, 2014, 02:15:09 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Jan 18, 2014, 03:34:16 AM
365 people saying he is human? what are you on? after a shot like that to the head with that tool would you walk around talking and doing stuffs? plus with your ears blowed off??

I`m medical doctor, the answer is yes.

/thread

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 18, 2014, 07:00:51 PM
Quote"I get to play what's left of Bishop, and I play Bishop II, his human creator."

"They think I'm an android and they realise after they clobber me that I'm not an android. I'm a person, the guy who created Bishop."
Lance Henriksen in 1992, talking to Starlog magazine.
In fairness, he's also gone on record claiming the character was an android.

blood.

bishop 2 anticipated the attack and dyed his milk red.

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 20, 2014, 08:49:55 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 18, 2014, 07:00:51 PM
Quote"I get to play what's left of Bishop, and I play Bishop II, his human creator."

"They think I'm an android and they realise after they clobber me that I'm not an android. I'm a person, the guy who created Bishop."
Lance Henriksen in 1992, talking to Starlog magazine.
In fairness, he's also gone on record claiming the character was an android.
Aye, in relation to AvP's retcon (it's up to you if you take those movies seriously or not when it comes to canon and life-cycles and whatnot). Everyone and everything else besides Paul W Anderson says Bishop II is human, including Lance himself, numerous times, until the spin offs made him change his tune. Anderson's movie can take a running jump.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 20, 2014, 11:09:35 AMAnderson's movie can take a running jump.
Well obviously.

Valaquen

SiL

SiL

AvP doesn't say anything about Bishop II (directly), so it's easy to say it doesn't actually retcon anything.

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Jan 20, 2014, 11:28:19 AM
AvP doesn't say anything about Bishop II (directly), so it's easy to say it doesn't actually retcon anything.
Good point.

DoomRulz

Bringing AvP into the discussion opens up another can of worms entirely. It's easier to forget about it and consider Alien 3 on its own merits.

MrSpaceJockey

In which case I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would think Bishop 'II' is a robot.  I hope all the people voting that he is are doing so because of AvP, otherwise I am bewildered.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed