Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 363,278 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Dec 14, 2013, 09:13:23 PMNo, they weren't trying to make it ambiguous.
What makes you think that? The fact they cut out the shots that make it most clear he is human seems to imply they were going for ambiguity. Otherwise why cut it out? it was like 5 seconds of footage, it wasn't exactly a lengthy scene dropped to speed things up. It could quite easily have stayed. But they removed it.

SiL

SiL

Gore, possibly. The shots that make it clearest he's human are also the most explicit of his head wound. It may only be a few seconds, but seconds of gore trimmed here and there add up to ratings boards. The rest of the movie was also toned down to secure an R rating.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Dec 15, 2013, 11:53:36 AMGore, possibly.
I don't remember the "I'm not a droid!" bit being particularly bloody.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: SiL on Dec 15, 2013, 11:53:36 AM
Gore, possibly. The shots that make it clearest he's human are also the most explicit of his head wound. It may only be a few seconds, but seconds of gore trimmed here and there add up to ratings boards. The rest of the movie was also toned down to secure an R rating.
So the Assembly Cut would be a, um, Super R rating? ;D

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2013, 11:06:30 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 14, 2013, 09:13:23 PMNo, they weren't trying to make it ambiguous.
What makes you think that? The fact they cut out the shots that make it most clear he is human seems to imply they were going for ambiguity. Otherwise why cut it out? it was like 5 seconds of footage, it wasn't exactly a lengthy scene dropped to speed things up. It could quite easily have stayed. But they removed it.
I don't think Fox gave a f**k, they just wanted to trim (read: "hack") the movie into bits without regard for the filmmakers' intentions.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 15, 2013, 03:41:49 PMI don't think Fox gave a f**k, they just wanted to trim (read: "hack") the movie into bits without regard for the filmmakers' intentions.
Maybe. It just seems like very specific removals. Him screaming that he isn't a droid and the one shot that clearly shows gushing red blood from his head wound.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2013, 01:19:21 PM
I don't remember the "I'm not a droid!" bit being particularly bloody.
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2013, 05:28:52 PM
Maybe. It just seems like very specific removals. Him screaming that he isn't a droid and the one shot that clearly shows gushing red blood from his head wound.
Um.

SM

SM

Yeah.  Couple of tasty blood spurts in that shot.

I dunno if that's the reason, but it's entirely possible.

SiL

SiL

I wouldn't be surprised. Ratings boards are usually pretty picky about graphic head wounds.

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Dec 15, 2013, 10:16:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. Ratings boards are usually pretty picky about graphic head wounds.
The ratings boards are hit and miss when it comes to carnage.The chestburster through the head in AR was also over the top.

SM

SM

That was five years down the track, the actual burst shot was about a second, and the sebsequent shots were CU's on the burster rather than the head it was sticking out of.

Elmazalman

Still nasty stuff.

SM

SM

Indubitably.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Dec 15, 2013, 10:12:29 PMYeah.  Couple of tasty blood spurts in that shot.
Oh, was that in the same shot? Sorry, I haven't seen the film for a while, I remembered the head wound and the shouting to be different shots.

DoomRulz

Gushing blood or not, we still see him bleed in the theatrical cut. So, human, end of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed