Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 363,310 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 05, 2013, 07:50:17 PM
Could the same thing have happened 57 years earlier on board Nostromo with an older model synthetic relaying information back directly to Weylan(d)-Yutani?

Not in any useful sense.

If Ash was in fact relaying info back to network, no one either received or acted on it for the next 6 decades.

Arterial Spray

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2013, 12:29:03 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 05, 2013, 07:50:17 PM
Could the same thing have happened 57 years earlier on board Nostromo with an older model synthetic relaying information back directly to Weylan(d)-Yutani?

Not in any useful sense.

If Ash was in fact relaying info back to network, no one either received or acted on it for the next 6 decades.

Or so we thought. There are after all a trillogy of books and a game coming out, all set in the interveening years.
Joy for the continuity nightmare to be created!

SM

SM

They can nibble around the edges, but nothing's going to change the fact they had Alien specimens on their doorstep for over 20 years and did sweet FA with them.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2013, 01:41:03 AM
They can nibble around the edges, but nothing's going to change the fact they had Alien specimens on their doorstep for over 20 years and did sweet FA with them.
Kinda like how nothing could change the fact that when Ripley topped herself on Fury, she effectively wiped out the Xenomorphs... until ACM came along and took a big diarrhetic shite all over that.

SM

SM

Just like every other video game that most people don't pay attention to.

HuDaFuK

Except ACM had very vocal backing from Fox. I don't remember them ever stating a game was an official part of the film series before.

Don't get me wrong, I'm arguing with you. I just won't be holding my breath that these new Fox-backed novels won't shit all over what was established in the films in exactly the same way as the most recent game.

Arterial Spray

I still like that fox has remained completely silent with regards to A:CM's cannon status. All mentions of cannon came from within Gearbox and a Sega press release.

Looking back IIRC a number of EU projects made a big deal about being cannon but fell by the wayside when they failed to live up to expectations.
The author of the first of the new novels has been touting them as cannon.

Local Trouble

Did Fox ever make an official statement or was it all Gearbox and Sega claiming that Fox said that?

SM

SM

QuoteExcept ACM had very vocal backing from Fox. I don't remember them ever stating a game was an official part of the film series before.

I don't remember Fox ever saying anything.  Some clowns at Gearbox did though.

QuoteDon't get me wrong, I'm arguing with you. I just won't be holding my breath that these new Fox-backed novels won't shit all over what was established in the films in exactly the same way as the most recent game.

I'm sure they will in varying degrees.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2013, 10:22:59 PMI don't remember Fox ever saying anything.  Some clowns at Gearbox did though.
No you're right, Fox never said anything themselves. But with Gearbox throwing Fox's name around so openly, I can't imagine they wouldn't have said something if they disagreed with what they were doing.

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2013, 10:22:59 PM
QuoteDon't get me wrong, I'm arguing with you. I just won't be holding my breath that these new Fox-backed novels won't shit all over what was established in the films in exactly the same way as the most recent game.

I'm sure they will in varying degrees.
Also just realised I meant to say "Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with you." Missing out the one word kinda made my statement the complete opposite of what I meant to say, sorry!

SM

SM

I know what you meant.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Human, the Assembly cut makes that obvious and Alien-3 isn't as good without the Assembly Version.

Vermillion

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Nov 17, 2013, 04:16:47 AM
Human, the Assembly cut makes that obvious and Alien-3 isn't as good without the Assembly Version.

Like saying Star Wars is inaccurate based on the first draft written as Starkiller. 

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 17, 2013, 06:43:07 PMLike saying Star Wars is inaccurate based on the first draft written as Starkiller.
How is that even slightly similar?

Vermillion

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 17, 2013, 07:02:13 PM
Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 17, 2013, 06:43:07 PMLike saying Star Wars is inaccurate based on the first draft written as Starkiller.
How is that even slightly similar?

Assembly cut.  Is a draft version or a hypothetical director's vision.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed