Next AVP game

Started by AliPred, Feb 21, 2016, 05:35:23 PM

Author
Next AVP game (Read 5,735 times)

Olde

Olde

What if you could control the xenomorphs like zerg, RTS-style, like in SC/SCII? Or what about rotating different classes like special infected in L4D2?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2016, 08:39:52 AM
I think an open world would be more suited to a Predator focused game. And one I would love to see. And on a larger scale than simply open world. I want open galaxy.

That would be pretty amazing, looking for the best trophy's from the most dangerous prey. Lots of worlds and monsters to hunt down, all while upgrading armor and weapons and maybe even your ship.

I could imagine a pretty great game coming from that idea.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's exactly my thought. Make there be multiple worlds with other aliens on them. Give it a central story involving humanity but have side-quests with new aliens and new places to explore. Expand upon the Predator mythology too with, like you say, upgrades to armour and etc. I think it'd make a perfect game.

If I couldn't have something on that kind of scale I'd like to see something more like Concrete Jungle was originally intended and have a GTA-style Predator game.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: DarkXeno on Feb 24, 2016, 07:10:59 PM
massive multiplayer survival horror.

That's a tough one...

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2016, 08:39:52 AM
I think an open world would be more suited to a Predator focused game. And one I would love to see. And on a larger scale than simply open world. I want open galaxy.

i agree.

And having a first person view would really suit the predator series. (they always show the predators pov in the movies)

MarcusVerus

MarcusVerus

I would like to have some interesting multiplayer modes in a new AvP game. Like Evac for example.

Or some maps like suk stronghold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI3eYTWtuss

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

God, I loved Evac. Some of the most fun I ever had gaming!

AliPred

AliPred

Agree. Id like to see the AVP 2010 evolve and follow similar mechanics, as gameplay wise it was truly great imo (lots of new things never present in any AVP game). Id like a better and more connected storyline, chance to choose a skin to play as in single player, and of course great graphics, fps, and a few new and improved mechanics.

In Multiplayer, new game modes (improvements on current too), more maps and improved weapons and attacks for all species (includes better and more fluid animations)

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2016, 06:36:32 PM
God, I loved Evac. Some of the most fun I ever had gaming!
i love evac too
I miss the good old days.
and I hope that soon we will have a solution for everyone.(talking of avp2)
i think the natural evolution is a different story

personally I was disappointed by the 3 title (avp 2010)
I always hoped for a remake of the second title  perhaps with a new graphics engine .
but avp source rest a pipe dream..
do the same for another interesting and abbandonated progect

another interesting video

a bit long

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

In terms of games I've felt for awhile now. That the AvP games sorta peaked at AvP2. In terms of an cohesive intertwining story and the sheer amount of support for user created content. I don't know if we'll ever get that sort of ' total package ' again? I hope we do, but I doubt FOX would allow that sort of thing like, say, Bethesda does with its games like The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3/NV/4.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 05, 2016, 08:21:36 AM
In terms of games I've felt for awhile now. That the AvP games sorta peaked at AvP2. In terms of an cohesive intertwining story and the sheer amount of support for user created content. I don't know if we'll ever get that sort of ' total package ' again? I hope we do, but I doubt FOX would allow that sort of thing like, say, Bethesda does with its games like The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3/NV/4.
The Elder Scrolls Hey Hunter  you talk Draconic?

:D

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Lucifero on Mar 06, 2016, 07:42:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPFUoTC7mxU

I used to... But then I took an arrow to the knee. ;)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 06, 2016, 06:24:46 PM

What's the matter? Someone steal your sweetroll?

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 06, 2016, 06:35:11 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 06, 2016, 06:24:46 PM

What's the matter? Someone steal your sweetroll?

No, but, I'd be a lot happier with a bellyful of mead...

broughtpain

broughtpain

Here's a crazy thought, with all the modding, upgrading and tweaking that's gone on, and the hardware and OS on consoles being more PC compatible, what about an indie mash-up of everything from 1, 2, 2010 and ACM? All the mechanics, weapons and gear, mods and such put into one multi-player game? Then put up for download on consoles? I think it would be an excellent way to bring back the franchise while putting an indie dev on the map. A model of dropping species as individual purchases, skins, maps and mods as individual purchases with low cost price points to encourage more purchases as new content becomes available. A great foundation with priorities of building interest and establishing the dev should take care of a lot of unforeseen circumstances.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed