Next AVP game

Started by AliPred, Feb 21, 2016, 05:35:23 PM

Author
Next AVP game (Read 5,775 times)

AliPred

AliPred

Hello mates. Im really looking forward to a next gen AVP game, sequel to the 2010 or simply another reboot.

Anyone has any hopes a new announcement will be made for 2016/2017, considering Rebellion said in 2014 that a sequel could be made?

What would you change, implement or want from this game?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The biggest change I want is a return to modding support. I miss the days of AvP2 so much. So much custom content helped keep that game alive so long.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2016, 01:32:19 PM
The biggest change I want is a return to modding support. I miss the days of AvP2 so much. So much custom content helped keep that game alive so long.

Indeed... but we're now in the 'era' of no more SDK/SOURCE CODES etc..

Good example? AvP 2010... it's been six years now.... imagine what maps skins mods would be out during the six years? :O

Damn shame i'm telling ya.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. I think it's down to an emphasize on paid additional content. Seems like companies don't want to risk their communities making better content than the ones they're asking people to pay for. Cynical view on it but an accurate one, I'm sure.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2016, 01:32:19 PM
I miss the days of AvP2 so much. So much custom content helped keep that game alive so long.

It's a shame there are only a handful of maps now. With the death of Filefront and some other AVP forums, most of the modding community is gone.

I downloaded all the maps I could find and I'm keeping them on my USB Stick like a golden stash.  :laugh:

AliPred

AliPred

Yes, i understand. But lets have hopes for a new game and say your ideas and what you would like to be in it (gameplay, storywise, etc)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Narrative-wise I'd like to see a return to an over-arching single player campaign. I'd like something original. Perhaps something spinning off from the options set-up by Prometheus and resulting in seeing more Engineer/Derelict like locations. I loved any opportunity to play in a Space Jockey facility in the older games.

I liked the AvP3 mechanics so I wouldn't be opposed to them returning but I know the majority did not so I have no real preference there. Though I would like to get rid of any trophy kills.

Randomizer

Randomizer

A decent story, some interesting level design and no QTE's. Just don't make it seem like an Alien movie with Predators thrown in the mix.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I think the way the Predator was generally setup mechanically in AVP 2010 was good, but the marine's horrifically inaccurate weapons was no good, and the alien's felt really sluggish to control. Bring back the pounce!

As far as story I do agree, i'd love to see something that intertwines like AvP 2 did, with a lot of lore and stuff in the world to uncover. AvP 2010 felt really anemic in that regard. The story as a whole felt very shallow and undercooked.

happypred

happypred

They could get really ambitious and craft (as suggested by Hicks) a single player campaign incorporating elements of Prometheus

The campaign would be somewhat like Fire & Stone or Life & Death

An armed Engineer could potentially be an incredible final boss

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 23, 2016, 08:00:17 PM
As far as story I do agree, i'd love to see something that intertwines like AvP 2 did, with a lot of lore and stuff in the world to uncover. AvP 2010 felt really anemic in that regard. The story as a whole felt very shallow and undercooked.

I think that was one on AvP2's biggest draws, the world felt so deep. Whilst I love AvP Classic and AvP2010 they felt too much like small separate games.

DarkXeno

DarkXeno

Open-world, several worlds, massive multiplayer survival horror.
Aliens crashing through windows, Predators setting up traps, Marines trekking through an open-world.
Its amore.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: DarkXeno on Feb 24, 2016, 07:10:59 PM
Aliens crashing through windows, Predators setting up traps, Marines trekking through an open-world.
Its amore.

That would be incredible...if done right, would sell like hotcakes

I think xenomorphs and engineers would not work as playable races though

Maybe an MMO could incorporate an arena mode

draken161

draken161

Quote from: happypred on Feb 25, 2016, 05:04:40 AM
Quote from: DarkXeno on Feb 24, 2016, 07:10:59 PM
Its amore.

That would be incredible...if done right, would sell like hotcakes

I think xenomorphs and engineers would not work as playable races though

Maybe an MMO could incorporate an arena mode

An AvP game without playable Xenomorphs is not one I want to play.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think an open world would be more suited to a Predator focused game. And one I would love to see. And on a larger scale than simply open world. I want open galaxy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed