Newbie: NeoKazama

Started by NeoKazama, Jun 24, 2019, 04:00:46 PM

Author
Newbie: NeoKazama (Read 4,600 times)

NeoKazama

NeoKazama

Hello everybody!

My name is Chris (NeoKazama known in other forums). A client of mine belongs to this site and recommended me to stop by and check it out. I created the life size costume of the Ahab predator for him a couple of months ago.
I just finished a new suit I named The Neptune for another client and wanted to show it to all of you.

Regards
Chris

Samhain13

Samhain13

We were all very impressed with the work you did with Ahab, your Predators look very professional.

ADI should learn from you how to make Predator's mandibles properly, theirs look weird while yours were able to replicate the look of the Original Predator we all love.

NeoKazama

NeoKazama

I really appreciate your kind words but I want to clarify that I am NOT the sculptor of this awesome props, I get the parts from all over the world, clean them, modify them (in case of Ahab's scar), build it, paint it, put all the details, etc.
I really don't like to work on original or screen used look, i like to stand apart from the rest and come up with my own designs and make them a one of a kind Predator.

Thank you again that you like my work, it means a lot.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Loving the mask on Neptune! The name and the mask make me think he's intended to like hunting under water. That must make you InkFxTion Studios on Facebook?

NeoKazama

NeoKazama

Yes! Is an hunter of the seas, i could have done more Poseidon like with it, but client had a specific budget.

And yes again, InkFxtionStudios is my page.

I've been building/painting Predator suits/statues/props now for about 10 years,

Here are a couple suit I made:

SiL

SiL

These suits are great.

I recognise the face and body from kits that have been around for ages. How do you make the custom masks? We got a few in-progress shots of you adapting the Ahab face, but I don't think we saw the mask customisation. Do you sculpt and cast those yourself or are they also taken from parts?

(Ooh, is Immortan Jones-style mask at the bottom one of those plastic Halloween skull masks you see everywhere with some piping stuck to it? I only ask because I have that skull mask if it is, and it's really cool to see how a good paint job elevates it).

NeoKazama

NeoKazama

Yes, some of the items i use like you said have been made long ago and still circulating. I deal with many people, some of them the original sculptors, some people that acquired the molds from others,etc.

By mask are you referring to the bio-helmet? If that is the case, i got an Ancient Predator Helmet that needed to be turned into an Ahab (to get it exactly like the comic i would need to re-sculpt or make one from scratch, but this was not the case, we were just modifying an existent bio into a new one)
I don't think i have any more process photos on that, but i remember that did a lot of the mods with apoxy clay and some other small toy parts (for the mechanical parts).

And yes! that is a airsoft plastic mask. Inspired by the MadMax movie.
I used magnets to attach it to an Elder Predator mask.

Shogun

Shogun

HEY ! Neo! How is it going buddy? it is me Shogun from Predatorium! ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed