Best Pictures from The Prequels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 05, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

Author
Best Pictures from The Prequels (Read 126,380 times)

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: oduodu on Oct 29, 2015, 08:39:24 AM
The configuration could only have matched at a certain point in time.

Yes ... this match corresponds to the period during which humans will understand and accept their ''invitation'', being able to travel in space with the necessary technology. Engineers knew for a long time approximately when it was going to happen and thus estimated the appropriate configuration for this period and delivered it to mankind through time.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 09, 2015, 11:49:36 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 08, 2015, 09:00:17 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 08, 2015, 06:07:20 PM
Shit like this just breaks my heart for what Prometheus could have been.

Some more "what could have been":

The torture.......heart......breaking......in....two....

Who is the artist? I see an "M" but can't make out the name.
Must be disappointing for an artist when the works that he put so much effort in and had so much potential for the project get rejected. I know an architect who works for a large company. He told me that his works get limited to the funds that would be available for a construction. Also, the higher-ups tend to ask for the designs to be conservative and boring. They reject a lot of the new ideas.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Happy 36th birthday to Noomi Rapace!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Love the design of the engineer, that suit he wears has more giger influence than anything else in the film aside from the mural.

Corporal Hicks

I just wish we'd have gotten more of the mechanical elements. But yes, I do agree with you. I'm one of the few peoples that like the Engineers.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2016, 09:24:46 AM
I just wish we'd have gotten more of the mechanical elements. But yes, I do agree with you. I'm one of the few peoples that like the Engineers.

Yeah it's not the direction I would have gone with the space jockey but I thought they pulled it off well enough, size issues aside. The engineer effects are awesome though IMO. Having so little of Giger's influence in the set designs was a big downer for me though.

Corporal Hicks

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2016, 09:36:57 PM

Just looks so puny when you look at the original 1979 prop  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Not quite Prometheus but still...by John K. Snyder III for the Alien/Predator Universe trading card set in the 90s.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2016, 09:36:57 PM

Wow, I didn't realize that scene used a physical chair suit prop. I assumed it was CG.

Corporal Hicks

Nah, it was practical. There's a few photos from BTS with it in the background. I know the chap who has the "console" end of the telescope too.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Not just the chair, the entire chamber was an actual set.

Still feels a bit like a cheap knock-off in comparison to the original 1979 Space Jockey chamber & chair.

Corporal Hicks

It's impressive but pales in comparison to the original.

Primordial

Primordial

In the Furious Gods, they said it was really challenging to make the chair look like the original. It seems their concern was more about having it functionnal i.e. the thing coming out of the ground, being able to articulate the structures that support the 'cannon'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed