Strange Shapes

Started by Valaquen, Oct 19, 2012, 03:40:59 AM

Author
Strange Shapes (Read 68,819 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Howdy,

Some of you will know that I run a blog on the Alien trilogy (that's right...) and lately, Prometheus. I've moved the blog from Blogger.com to WordPress (I find it far, far superior, and writing on it ain't a slog), and have just spruced an article on Hadley's Hope, which you can peruse here: http://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/hadleys-hope/

Lemme know what you think, about this article or any. I'm adding new and old articles as fast as I can. In seven weeks my daughter will be here and updates will likely, very likely, be minimal.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I've been waiting for an official thread about this!

And congratulations on your daughter, man.  :)

SM

SM

Van Leuwen is ICC.

And I think you're robbing yourself by ignoring Resurrection.

But nice work as always.

(I got another one due in 7 weeks too).

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Oct 19, 2012, 04:04:23 AM
And I think you're robbing yourself by ignoring Resurrection.
I really couldn't do justice to a film I'm not very fond of. It would feel like homework! Even out of the trilogy I think Alien is the best to write about, the other two can be tedious a times, but Alien has such lore behind it  :D (I also corrected my mistake there with VL - thanks!)

Quote(I got another one due in 7 weeks too).
Congratulations! It's my first. I'm not nervous yet - is this normal?  :P

Ditto on the thanks, MrSJ :)

EDIT: In addition, I think everyone should read Jon Sorenson's article: http://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/jon-sorenson-alien-miniatures-experience/

SM

SM

If you feel you're ready, then there's no need to be nervous.

Nervousness comes later in the form of a breakdown when you haven't had a full nights sleep for months on end, and the bank balance is starting to look decidedly bare.

But other than that it's great!

QuoteI really couldn't do justice to a film I'm not very fond of. It would feel like homework!

I've done a bit of writing about Resurrection of late (more of the in-universe variety) and there's quite a bit there to be mined.  Might even see the light of day, one day.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Oct 19, 2012, 04:24:43 AM
If you fell you're ready, then there's no need to be nervous.

Nervousness comes later in the form of a breakdown when you haven't had a full nights sleep for months on end, and the bank balance is starting to look decidedly bare.

But other than that it's great!
Oh, I'm used to being broke! The sleep thing ... I do get quite irate. I'm looking forward to the whole shebang though! Thank you :)

I've done a bit of writing about Resurrection of late (more of the in-universe variety) and there's quite a bit there to be mined.  Might even see the light of day, one day.
Why don't you host it somewhere? You have a timeline on the internet, don't you?

SM

SM

It's all still in draft form at present, and not in any real rush.

Got to finish tweaking the timeline update anyway, then revise the encyclopedia...

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 19, 2012, 04:21:28 AMIt's my first. I'm not nervous yet - is this normal?

I wasn't nervous at all, until I took her home. Then shit got amazing. :)

Congratulations!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 19, 2012, 04:33:52 AM
It's all still in draft form at present, and not in any real rush.

Got to finish tweaking the timeline update anyway, then revise the encyclopedia...

Are you going to finally unify all the timelines into the definitive SM version?  8)

SM

SM

No.

samoht

samoht

In case you didn't get that RaisingCane, the answer was no.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

aliennaire

aliennaire

Valaquen, your blog on Wordpress platform looks more clear and neat (that is the power of white backgrounds  ;D kidding!..), it definitely looks more professional! I guess, it was a right move.

And early congratulations on your liitle one (with a wishing of oceans of patience  ;))
The same goes on SM way  :)

And may I ask, Valaquen, are you going to upload the article once I saw on your blogger source, the article critisising A^3? It read half-humorous, half-sad, and I liked it... Just asking!  :)

SM, you have an army of parroting supporters!  :D

SM

SM

Right.

samoht

samoht

Wow look at all the fcuks SM seems to give.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed