Alien3: How did the egg get onboard the Sulaco?

Started by StayFrosty, Oct 30, 2011, 01:19:51 AM

Author
Alien3: How did the egg get onboard the Sulaco? (Read 76,377 times)

whiterabbit

Wait I thought we solved this yesterday? There was never any eggs. It was all just a dream Ripley had. Face hungers are like cockroaches, a few scuttled on board and hid out for a while.

RabidNinja

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 04, 2012, 07:47:02 AM
Wait I thought we solved this yesterday? There was never any eggs. It was all just a dream Ripley had. Face hungers are like cockroaches, a few scuttled on board and hid out for a while.

Hey, i only just got here. i just skimmed through most of the post

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 04, 2012, 07:47:02 AM
This is a different thread. You're talking about this.

Also, thanks, I think it makes more sense now:
There was no egg. The Queen got in and so did a Facehugger (or two), and while in hypersleep or even on Fury while in sleep, Ripley's subconscious is trying to make sense out of it.

whiterabbit

Whoops I really should have used the spoiler tag. :P

But yea it was all just Ripley's subconscience trying to make sense of the smothering sensation of being face-hugged. Just as Kane alluded to in alien. Hence one huge dream sequence. That's what the director pretty much said. So no egg. It also ties into alien since Cameron added the scuttling face hugger noises at the end of aliens.

StrangeShape

The scuttling sound was just an easter egg. Either way, it still doesnt explain why Ripley, knowing a Queen smuggled in, would make a bioscan of the ship and go to sleep without thoroughly checking for more hitchhikers

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not to mention the Hugger being able to open the doors.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 04, 2012, 03:17:21 PM
Not to mention the Hugger being able to open the doors.

And use elevators. I highly doubt cryo chamber was on the same level. Not to mention activate power and overpass the computer (to make doors work). According to novels (and common logic), all systems are dead/in a freeze mode when cryosleep is on. No doors or anything works, only  the basic functions and life support to conserve energy

And its not only a question of how did it got into the chamber, but how did he found it as well

whiterabbit

It(they) crawled through the ceiling ducts.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 05, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

So, what activated the egg.

StrangeShape

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 05, 2012, 01:47:33 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 05, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

So, what activated the egg.

Egg-sac-ly. The first two movies showed us the egg opens only if it feels a host near it. Kane had to tinker with it pretty long until it opened. And all of them were closed, laying dormant for who knows how many years

whiterabbit

That's the thing, according to fincher there was no eggs. The eggs we see and hear was Ripley having a dream.

Yea seriously. :P

SM

Fincher said that?

Valaquen

Probably his interpretation of Fincher talking about wanting the intro to have more of a dream quality.

SM

I figured.  Exceedingly broad interpretation.

PsyKore

I like the idea that it's her subconsciousness, whether it was said or not. A very cool idea!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed