Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 01:47:49 AM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Yesterday at 11:34:40 PM
Quote from: Scott Conover on Yesterday at 11:49:54 AMI struggle to believe anyone who's seen the legendary 2003 documentaries will gain anything of value from this.

I beg to differ on this. In one of AVPGalaxy podcasts. Tom Woodruff Jr and Alec Gillis admitted to making up things about David Fincher during A3. They said this was the first time that they confessed to this. So new things can come out. (If I'm miss remembering this please correct me)

* * * * *  on your quote.  8)
If that's the case, then anything they say in the new documentary is gonna be taken with a grain of salt. But you know what? Filmmakers and actors remember things differently and, over time, change their story. So that's nothing new to me
Last post by Elmazalman - Today at 01:30:58 AM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Yesterday at 11:34:40 PMI beg to differ on this. In one of AVPGalaxy podcasts. Tom Woodruff Jr and Alec Gillis admitted to making up things about David Fincher during A3. They said this was the first time that they confessed to this. So new things can come out. (If I'm miss remembering this please correct me)

If they lied once ...
Prometheus spins it's wheel in the second half - but I think the issue is more in the story structure than the edit.  You could point to the Fifield hangar scene and the dead or alive mechanics and mercs as an editing issue - but that doesn't harm the story, and 99% of punters don't notice.  The toiing and froing does harm the story I feel and I'm not sure which reinstated scenes could fix that.
Prometheus feels like a bunch of monkeys took over the editing booth (not specifically in terms of scenes being missing, as aliens13 is saying, but more so in the way that the scenes we actually got are assembled), but Covenant doesn't suffer from any glaring issues on the editing front in my opinion.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Yesterday at 04:59:20 PMI maintain that the first third of Covenant is a really solid sci-fi horror.

And the second third is really good Gothic horror.

The final third isn't quite as strong as the first two, but still a pretty solid, mean spirited little slasher that overall works for me.
Which ones?
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 12:17:30 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 12:16:41 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Yesterday at 11:58:04 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Yesterday at 11:53:13 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Yesterday at 07:32:11 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 06:35:10 PMIt was using the vents and dangling from chains in the first film.

It was also in the storyboards for it to be leaping from wall to ceiling etc in the scripted airlock scene... but limitations of the time prevented it... we saw what that would look like in the Covenant trailer (as the alien does so in a red-lit corridor as the crew seal doors behind it)...only for them to cut it from the final film again 😅
To this day I don't know why the cut from the film, it was a very cool shot

Agreed! I also lamented losing the "4 meters above you" scene... I always felt like whole baiting the Alien on the Covenant felt like it should have been longer (they disposed of it with ease in minutes in what usually takes entire movies). I know it's not the case, but it kinda feels like there's a good 20minutes extra held back and not released in deleted scenes for a 'Director's Cut' double dip that never came due to lower than expected reception by audiences.
The entire third act would benefit a lot having extra minutes, it feels very rushed and easily was one of the things that I was more excited about. I hope that some day extra footage get released, the movie really needs it

That "4 meters above you" it's from the red corridor scene?

It was in one of the promo trailers 'She won't go quietly' here's the link;
https://youtu.be/d8LJSuO4aXA?si=al133mtWItTt6Vhw

:-)
I forgot about that, now I remember it  ;D
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 12:16:41 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Yesterday at 11:58:04 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 06:35:10 PMIt was using the vents and dangling from chains in the first film.

It was also in the storyboards for it to be leaping from wall to ceiling etc in the scripted airlock scene... but limitations of the time prevented it... we saw what that would look like in the Covenant trailer (as the alien does so in a red-lit corridor as the crew seal doors behind it)...only for them to cut it from the final film again 😅

Agreed! I also lamented losing the "4 meters above you" scene... I always felt like whole baiting the Alien on the Covenant felt like it should have been longer (they disposed of it with ease in minutes in what usually takes entire movies). I know it's not the case, but it kinda feels like there's a good 20minutes extra held back and not released in deleted scenes for a 'Director's Cut' double dip that never came due to lower than expected reception by audiences.
The entire third act would benefit a lot having extra minutes, it feels very rushed and easily was one of the things that I was more excited about. I hope that some day extra footage get released, the movie really needs it

It was in one of the promo trailers 'She won't go quietly' here's the link;
https://youtu.be/d8LJSuO4aXA?si=al133mtWItTt6Vhw

:-)
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 03:38:44 AMOne couple made out in the shower when they were out of danger. Intimacy after a crisis isn't uncommon. It's life affirming.

Why did 'Ripley' need to rewatch his own film?
Because both Prometheus and Covenant suffers from editing issues like scenes that they shouldn't be cut
Last post by Mike’s Monsters - Today at 12:08:46 AM
From what I'm hearing, it's not much new info, if any at all. Just a collection of info you can get from old magazine articles and the 2003 documentary. It's a longer, more glorified version of that Netflix series The Movies That Made Us.
Last post by aliens13 - Yesterday at 11:58:04 PM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed