Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 67,403 times)

Predaker

Fix the motion tracker blips please!  ;)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 22, 2012, 01:44:31 AM
Who here has gamefly?

Rent this damn game when it comes out, and tell us if it's worth the buy.
I'm buying it first day, so I'll tell you if it's worth it

Xenomrph

Quote from: mastermoon on May 22, 2012, 01:23:25 AM
The company is wasting their time pushing the games release date.

If they wanna do fans a favor just rush the games production.
Rushing a game is never a good idea, period.

Of course Duke Nukem Forever is a lesson in what happens when you take too long to make a game, but justifiable delays are perfectly alright and generally beneficial.

Sinister

Best trailer yet for the game, showing some good polish to it, better quality voice work.

The delay makes sense given what it would be up against in late 2012, and if the early 2013 date means more polish, it's a positive thing, plenty of other games to play until then.

On a side note, 0:57 "Where am I?" sounds like Bill Paxton, or at least someone who has a very similar voice...

ShadowPred

Quote from: Sinister on May 22, 2012, 03:34:09 AM
On a side note, 0:57 "Where am I?" sounds like Bill Paxton, or at least someone who has a very similar voice...

Oh, god damn it!

Crazy Rich

Good trailer, but then "February 2013" cut down all my hype in one single blow. I'm not hating on it, just speaking the truth, and it's probably for the best, have the hype dead now, get back into it when it's a lot closer.

Yautja 1994

Yautja 1994

Quote from: gigantitan on May 21, 2012, 01:19:46 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty sad news, but at least i think it's for the best, i'hope  :'(

Don't fool yourselves, It's very probably that Gearbox will add nothing to the game.
This is just for sales reasons, they don't wanna compete with Black Ops 2 and Halo 4.

WinterActual

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on May 21, 2012, 11:06:39 PM
i find it hilarious that people really think that when a game gets delayed they put any more work in it.

its like you've never been in a videogame release before.
Yeah, this. All this "its better not to rush it but delay it" is totally off in ACM' case. What happened with DNF being delayed - fail, Brink - fail, RAGE - average at best, Too Human - below average... there are other examples as well. 1-3 months delay is ok but delaying the game with years is very bad.

Also the trailer is ridiculous - they are sending one (1) f**king man army as backup rescue team, holy shit... the player grabs the xeno's head and push it off, most of the sounds are the same, nothing new at all. We can kinda say most of the shown material is placeholder but who cares, if you are delaying the game just delay it with some news. Do not release some trailer which pisses the true fans even more.

Other funny statement is the delay because of CoD and Halo. Let me ask you something. Why you buy some game? Because you want it right? So you will buy it anyway, no matter when, if its too late or at day 1 - you will buy it. If two great games which you want to own are being released in the same day but you can only buy one, you will buy the second game later on. The next week or month or whatever. If someone wants to buy ACM he will do it. Max Payne 3 and Diablo 3 were released in the same day and what happened with MP3? NOTHING! Even Diablo 3 got outsold by MP3 in the UK charts for the retail sales http://www.computerandvideogames.com/348374/uk-chart-max-payne-3-beats-diablo-3-to-no1/  "We delay ACM because of Black Ops 2 and Halo 4" yeah sure..

Yautja 1994

Aliens Colonial Marines is an epic failed...

OpenMaw

Quote from: Yautja 1994 on May 22, 2012, 04:35:39 AM
Quote from: gigantitan on May 21, 2012, 01:19:46 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty sad news, but at least i think it's for the best, i'hope  :'(

Don't fool yourselves, It's very probably that Gearbox will add nothing to the game.
This is just for sales reasons, they don't wanna compete with Black Ops 2 and Halo 4.

Yep. They pulled this same exact move with DNF.

People say "oh it's the publishers, it's the publishers." Not with ol' GBX. I think they enjoy pulling this crap sometimes. They really don't do squat with the game after a certain point.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: SM on May 22, 2012, 01:44:14 AM
QuoteJust go play the Alien: Resurrection game for PS1 if you want a rushed mediocre Aliens game so bad.

There was long delays with that too.  Wouldn't call a game released 3 years after the film that spawned it "rushed".

My bad.

SM

u bad?

;)

Rated-rsuperstar

Another day another delay. I remember back in 2010 their excuse for delaying the game was so it didn't have to complete with sales of AVP. At this point I really hope Rebellion is working on an AVP4 because I'm so tired of Gearbox's nonsense.

WinterActual

I doubt about that. If Reb are thinking about new AvP game its for the next gen for sure. No new AvP game coming for this gen mate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed