THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018)

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 23, 2018, 05:22:16 PM

Author
THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018) (Read 27,456 times)

Huggs

Quote from: germanator2 on Aug 24, 2018, 01:32:41 AM

I mean, c'mon, with less than a month now, I feel like the CGI should be finished and more refined. Hope it's not as a result of the reshoots.

As long as he doesn't go crawling down any shafts he'll be fine.  ;)

The Shuriken

I mean, c'mon, with less than a month now, I feel like the CGI should be finished and more refined. Hope it's not as a result of the reshoots.

Well it is a behind the scenes type of video. They don't really have to use use a completed shot 

Danversity

Danversity

I prefer the original creature too, but I honestly don't mind the Upgrade getting the better over him if it's well executed and it makes sense in the movie, sure, do it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shin Godzilla ripping 90's Godzilla to shreds too. Tho that might be because Shin Godzilla actually is my favorite version, but it wasn't before, it is now because I was open to accept something new (that happened to be "bigger and badder" too), and it ended up being freaking badass. So that's about it with the Upgrade for me; if he's a REAL major badass and he entertains me enough in the film, that's all that matters, and I'm okay with him defeating Fugitive because it just makes sense.

That scene is not from the reshoots.

Wysps

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 24, 2018, 12:11:01 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 23, 2018, 11:21:22 PM
I love everything ive seen from this film. Except the fact they are using Fugitive to showcase how great upgrade is.

Well said. I never liked the idea of the upgrade. It's totaly unnecessarily

What gets me is the Upgrade is supposed to be the main star or "The" Predator of the film, and yet the trailers/advertisements keep using the Fugitive as the face of the movie. It's kind of misleading, especially for fans who are coming in fresh without any previous knowledge.

Samhain13

I'm liking the "fugitive" more than the big guy. Is that this one nickname? Fugitive?

And are we calling the upgrade assassin now? What happened to chad the mad lad?

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 24, 2018, 03:38:26 AM
I'm liking the "fugitive" more than the big guy. Is that this one nickname? Fugitive?

And are we calling the upgrade assassin now? What happened to chad the mad lad?

Yep. Fugitive is the one with the metallic/space cop armor and the Upgrade (Assassin) is the big guy. Chad the bad cad has several names apparently  ;)

goose_3387

The CGI Upgrade design looks different in every TV spot and trailer I see him in. Even the NECA figure looks different.

The night reshoots should help to cover up any dodgy CGI.

I'm not sure what the budget is or who is doing the CGI Predator so hopefully the final movie version is as good as possible.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Corporal Hicks,

And these scenes was deleted ???

Danversity

Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 24, 2018, 06:12:42 AM
Corporal Hicks,

These from the previous version of the 3rd act?

Tetsujin

Quote from: Danversity on Aug 24, 2018, 06:15:48 AMThese from the previous version of the 3rd act?

APC...

Spoiler
"According to our sources the latest edits of the film following the reshoots have seen the so called "friendly" Predators that we've previously seen photos of completely cut from the film, as is the entire APC sequence and the various hybrid creatures."
[close]

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 24, 2018, 06:19:38 AM
APC...

Spoiler
"According to our sources the latest edits of the film following the reshoots have seen the so called "friendly" Predators that we've previously seen photos of completely cut from the film, as is the entire APC sequence and the various hybrid creatures."
[close]

Every shot/scene in which you can see military stuff (APC, vehicles, soldiers, locations) were cut out.

Spoiler
Yes, I know, "only" Edward James Olmos, the Friendlies and APC were mentioned...I still know.

But for those who read the script (no matter if it's early script, because the final is very close to it judging from what we saw for now) it's quite clear that the above mentioned cut-out stuff do relate to the Military part of the film.
[close]
So yes, those behind the scenes videos/photos won't be in the final film...unfortunately. :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks,

As far as I know, it's all gone. We wont know for sure, obviously, until the film is out. But I gotta say don't look at these featurettes or trailers as evidence of reinserted scenes. It's just not how it works I'm afraid.

Tetsujin

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2018, 07:06:16 AMAs far as I know, it's all gone. We wont know for sure, obviously, until the film is out.

:(

But thanks!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2018, 07:06:16 AMBut I gotta say don't look at these featurettes or trailers as evidence of reinserted scenes. It's just not how it works I'm afraid.

Agree!

von

von

Quote from: Master on Aug 23, 2018, 11:06:35 PM
It's clear the mask becomes depressurized during ripping off,  but do I see preassure cables there?

could be built-in. if Apple can give us cordless earphones, why can't the yautja XD

Master

Of course it can, I just hope it`s not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed