THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018)

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 23, 2018, 05:22:16 PM

Author
THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018) (Read 27,463 times)

Lionhart

I like what I saw, however having the upgrade wasn't necessarily. One predator would have been enough.

D88M

D88M

I dont usually look at this kind of stuff but it barely shows something new or how it is made (that ruins the magic) Anyway it looks like at the very least could be entertainning.

Edit: Also, a lot of AVPR vibes, i sincerely hope i am wrong and the movie turns out to be decent, not that i am saying that will be as bad as AVPR because that is impossible, but jeez.

Jesscobb

It's still a no,from me.

HumanPredator

You see how the upgrade looked at the mask when he tore it off...almost like, what is this?  I wonder if the upgrade (like black may have referred to in the comic con conference) are dumber and less into the technology. He mentioned that there are predators that are more primitive than others...hmmm....

Xerxész

At 0:45...Fugitive in front of the Ark's control panel. ;)

Master

It's clear the mask becomes depressurized during ripping off,  but do I see preassure cables there?

426Buddy

I love everything ive seen from this film. Except the fact they are using Fugitive to showcase how great upgrade is.

yautjapet

I cringed hard at Upgrade ripping Fugitive's mask off - that beat down is going to be painful to watch. Wish that could play out another way. I'm surprised they're showing so much.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Aug 23, 2018, 06:41:55 PM
Why are they still using the deleted footage in their promotional material? I hate false advertising.

Yup, I feel like once they cut that footage they should have stopped using it. Especially since they keep showing some big set pieces, not just a throwaway face shot or whatever. I know it's not uncommon for studios to do that, but I still don't like it.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 23, 2018, 11:21:22 PM
I love everything ive seen from this film. Except the fact they are using Fugitive to showcase how great upgrade is.

Agreed. I'm really interested in Fugitive in his own right, not just as an expendable demonstration of how "big and badass" Upgrade is. I really hope he gets some quality screen-time.

Lionhart

Well said. I never liked the idea of the upgrade. It's totaly unnecessarily

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 24, 2018, 12:05:35 AM
I cringed hard at Upgrade ripping Fugitive's mask off - that beat down is going to be painful to watch. Wish that could play out another way. I'm surprised they're showing so much.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Aug 23, 2018, 06:41:55 PM
Why are they still using the deleted footage in their promotional material? I hate false advertising.

Yup, I feel like once they cut that footage they should have stopped using it. Especially since they keep showing some big set pieces, not just a throwaway face shot or whatever. I know it's not uncommon for studios to do that, but I still don't like it.

Agreed. I'm really interested in Fugitive in his own right, not just as an expendable demonstration of how "big and badass" Upgrade is. I really hope he gets some quality screen-time.

Really the whole movie could have just been about Fugitive being captured, escape, and then track down his stolen tech. This whole upgrade thing just isn't necessary.

Danversity

Stop focusing on what the movie "could've been" and start accepting what it IS already. Any new idea can be easily dismissed as """unnecessary""" when the classic's already so good. Arnold movies were freaking great on their own, they did need an alien hunter to make them awesome, but guess what? They made one of those, look at where we are right now. Start leaving your comfort zone already.

Huggs

Yeah, that about says it.

426Buddy

I dont even mind the Upgrade, he's pretty cool actually.

It just sucks that they have to legitimize him at the expense of the original creature. Don't get me wrong, I cant wait to see the movie and ill be there opening night.

preddyuk

I for one am glad that the killing of the fugitive has been spoiled ....imagine being invested in that character only to suddenly have him killed that way😞

germanator2

I mean, c'mon, with less than a month now, I feel like the CGI should be finished and more refined. Hope it's not as a result of the reshoots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed