The Predator To Be An “Event” Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 23, 2016, 03:12:28 PM

Author
The Predator To Be An “Event” Film (Read 32,636 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 23, 2016, 04:46:49 PMP2, as good as it was, you could honestly tell it was a suit. The Elder looked brilliant though, but Pussyface did look very suit-y. Same for the AvP films and Predators Not that it's bad, I loved all the films.

I don't see that myself. The second looks just as good as the original to my eyes.

It was only once Stan Winston stopped making them they started looking worse.

The First Child

The First Child

It's good to see Shane Blake does care. Most important thing to do now is to have or write a good script. You can have a big spectacle with no heart and we have seen several movies today that are like that (gods of Egypt, transformers, etc).

overthere

overthere

Gee willikers, is this gonna be swell.

We might actually get a new, epic story. It certainly won't be what Predators was, a borderline remake that is. Can't wait to at least see a teaser for this or know a little bit more about the story.

And since this is getting a proper treatment, I bet Arnold is guaranteed.

Mike

Mike

Of course there was Specticale. Nolands exterior hide out which was half practical have cgi. The interior shots as well. The hunting camp which was designed great and in the words of Nimrod Antal looked like a painting. The Totems added more the Cgi Hounds which 2 were actually practical. Predators has a lot going for it

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2016, 04:49:25 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 23, 2016, 04:46:49 PMP2, as good as it was, you could honestly tell it was a suit. The Elder looked brilliant though, but Pussyface did look very suit-y. Same for the AvP films and Predators Not that it's bad, I loved all the films.

I don't see that myself. The second looks just as good as the original to my eyes.

It was only once Stan Winston stopped making them they started looking worse.

I don't know what it was about P2's suit that made it look suit-y compared to the first. But don't get me wrong, animation-wise, it's just as well done as the first. I wasn't particularly criticizing the suit for its appearance as I don't watch the films to judge the suit on how realistic it feels. it's something that occurred to me now as I read the news.

There's just something about Anytime that makes him look like he was hired to play as himself, whereas Pussyface looks like a very, very well done suit.

overthere

That scene in P2 when the Predator says "motherf**ker" and you see those weird animatronic eyes are a case against the look of Predator in P2.

RakaiThwei

Alright, but just how much money are we talking? And an event film? ....I'mma wait until I hear a synopsis of the story!

I just hope it's pretty much First Blood but with a Predator!

Master

This! Preach the gospel!

LordCassusSnow

I wonder if it'll be like Avp Three World War but in our time instead of the future? And instead of Xeno's being the attack dogs we get the hell hounds from Predators? Thats the only way i see this being an "event" movie but who knows. Perhaps we'll see Arnold in a Gladiator type movie but with preds who fight aliens from all over the galaxy? Either way i hope none of it contradicts the new Predator comics and novels fox has seemingly deemed canon.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Mar 23, 2016, 06:08:09 PM
I wonder if it'll be like Avp Three World War but in our time instead of the future? And instead of Xeno's being the attack dogs we get the hell hounds from Predators? Thats the only way i see this being an "event" movie but who knows. Perhaps we'll see Arnold in a Gladiator type movie but with preds who fight aliens from all over the galaxy? Either way i hope none of it contradicts the new Predator comics and novels fox has seemingly deemed canon.

I hope to God that's not the route we're going. I most certainly don't want an invasion type of flick for the Predator.

As for Fox contradicting the new comics and novels? Well... the movies were and are never beholding to the EU which is... pretty much glorified filler. Star Wars is proof of that.

The Alien Predator

I am curious as to what exactly "event" means?

I mean, weren't all the other films events in a way? A Predator comes hunting, or Predators abduct a bunch of people to hunt. Are those not events?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 23, 2016, 06:16:40 PM
I am curious as to what exactly "event" means?

I mean, weren't all the other films events in a way? A Predator comes hunting, or Predators abduct a bunch of people to hunt. Are those not events?

I was thinking the same thing when I read this news on my phone!

Predator_Spirit

The road To a worthy sequel is still long ,having black is a step,having a big budget is another step.
Now they cant fix crap ideas.
Predators is a cheap b flick for black,and that is the essentiel info.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 23, 2016, 06:16:40 PMI am curious as to what exactly "event" means?

He's not talking about the plot of the film, he's talking about the film itself. He means it will be a film that's talked about and noted, a big deal, as opposed to all the previous Predator sequels which kinda just happened and most people didn't really bat an eyelid.

Quote from: Mike on Mar 23, 2016, 05:06:27 PMOf course there was Specticale. Nolands exterior hide out which was half practical have cgi. The interior shots as well. The hunting camp which was designed great and in the words of Nimrod Antal looked like a painting. The Totems added more the Cgi Hounds which 2 were actually practical.

Literally none of that stuff was all that spectacular. I've certainly see far more impressive stuff before.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 23, 2016, 06:38:53 PMPredators is a cheap b flick for black,and that is the essentiel info.

:laugh: I'd love to know what non-existent info you're basing this on.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2016, 06:41:02 PM
He's not talking about the plot of the film, he's talking about the film itself. He means it will be a film that's talked about and noted, a big deal, as opposed to all the previous Predator sequels which kinda just happened and most people didn't really bat an eyelid.

That explains a lot!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed