The Predator To Be An “Event” Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 23, 2016, 03:12:28 PM

Author
The Predator To Be An “Event” Film (Read 32,330 times)

Shaeffer11

It would be cool as First Blood type film with the Predator thinking the end is near reminiscing about past battles/trophies and showing these exploits before seeing it somehow miraculously escaping Dutch and the military

PRJ_since1990

I really am curious to get some idea of the story. There's so many possibilities it's mind numbing.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Mar 24, 2016, 02:09:57 AM
It would be cool as First Blood type film with the Predator thinking the end is near reminiscing about past battles/trophies and showing these exploits before seeing it somehow miraculously escaping Dutch and the military

This... This... THIS!!

This movie HAS to be a Predator version of David Morrel's First Blood! It just... HAS to be... if I get that... I will cry in tears of happiness as a Predator fan. I will feel so much better and just... be happy with just that. Nothing extravagant, nothing outlandish just.... a reverse of the first Predator movie, but with First Blood being the main inspiration... I want that so much! I want this so badly!

But... I'll hold my breath and wait for a synopsis.

Shaeffer11

Thanks RakaiThwei...us dreamers can hope

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 24, 2016, 02:17:50 AM
I really am curious to get some idea of the story. There's so many possibilities it's mind numbing.

Indeed! There's just so many places you can take the Predator and so much you can do with it. I really can't wait to see some actual story details.

Quote from: Liberator on Mar 24, 2016, 01:29:58 AM
Can't wait.  How can you audition to be an extra?

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: overthere on Mar 24, 2016, 01:37:07 AM
Extra? I'm 6'8'' and I can do the clicking sound. How do I audition to be a Predator? :P

I can do the clicking sound pretty easily too, I do it casually now LOL! We need to audition.  :P

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 24, 2016, 03:32:31 AM

This... This... THIS!!

This movie HAS to be a Predator version of David Morrel's First Blood! It just... HAS to be... if I get that... I will cry in tears of happiness as a Predator fan. I will feel so much better and just... be happy with just that. Nothing extravagant, nothing outlandish just.... a reverse of the first Predator movie, but with First Blood being the main inspiration... I want that so much! I want this so badly!

Something that really appeals to me about the Predator is the fact that despite being so powerful, they are very grounded and thus vulnerable.

Even a lion can be overpowered by a group of prepared humans...

So seeing a Predator go from predator to prey would be a very interesting twist and frankly, something that hasn't been done on film before. I really loved the bits in the EU where Predators were the ones actually captured and had to rely a bit more on wits to outsmart their human captors.

426Buddy

I recently picked up the comic Predator: Captive and it has some interesting ideas. They had caught a predator, and confined it in a jungle bio-dome. When they captured the Pred they had to cut its arm off to keep him from self destructing. While in the Bio-dome the predator was given prey to hunt so that the captors could study him. As it turned out the pred had been playing them all along and could come and go as he pleased and was able to find his arm nuke and blow everyone up.

It wasn't a great comic but it was definitely different. It was strange because the preds one hand had long talon like claws.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 24, 2016, 05:14:48 PM
I recently picked up the comic Predator: Captive and it has some interesting ideas. They had caught a predator, and confined it in a jungle bio-dome. When they captured the Pred they had to cut its arm off to keep him from self destructing. While in the Bio-dome the predator was given prey to hunt so that the captors could study him. As it turned out the pred had been playing them all along and could come and go as he pleased and was able to find his arm nuke and blow everyone up.

It wasn't a great comic but it was definitely different. It was strange because the preds one hand had long talon like claws.

I loved that comic.

Also, I remember the bit where the Predator plays possum, and everyone thinks it is dead because all the vital signs are flat lined. And one character says what if it's playing dead by making its organs stop.

Kind of reminded me of a bit in Predator: Incursion where
Spoiler
a captive Predator committed suicide by "willing its hearts to stop".
[close]

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 24, 2016, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: overthere on Mar 24, 2016, 01:37:07 AM
Extra? I'm 6'8'' and I can do the clicking sound. How do I audition to be a Predator? :P

I can do the clicking sound pretty easily too, I do it casually now LOL! We need to audition.  :P

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 24, 2016, 03:32:31 AM

This... This... THIS!!

Something that really appeals to me about the Predator is the fact that despite being so powerful, they are very grounded and thus vulnerable.

Even a lion can be overpowered by a group of prepared humans...

So seeing a Predator go from predator to prey would be a very interesting twist and frankly, something that hasn't been done on film before. I really loved the bits in the EU where Predators were the ones actually captured and had to rely a bit more on wits to outsmart their human captors.
There should be an audition page here.

Nameeeee

Nameeeee

Do it, do it now! To the CHOPPARRRARARRARAR

RakaiThwei

I can't help but question but does the next Predator movie need to be BIG? Like... I understand the idea of it being an event film in the sense that Shane wants the movie to be something which people will notice and talk about but... does it need to be BIG like... in-universe events as far as that's concerned?

I mean does it need to be something like Independence Day: Resurgence kind of big to where we may end up seeing something which is completely different from the Hunt?

whiterabbit

Yes. It must be ginormous. It needs a 68 year old Sigourney Weaver beating down a Predator with a Power Loader.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 26, 2016, 03:40:27 AM
I can't help but question but does the next Predator movie need to be BIG? Like... I understand the idea of it being an event film in the sense that Shane wants the movie to be something which people will notice and talk about but... does it need to be BIG like... in-universe events as far as that's concerned?

I mean does it need to be something like Independence Day: Resurgence kind of big to where we may end up seeing something which is completely different from the Hunt?

We don't know exactly what we'll be seeing yet. I wouldn't have thought it'd be anything on the scale of that.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Well I think its a good thing, it means fox is willing to put up a lot of money for this one and to a proven director of generally R rated  films. Just sounds like a good start to me.  :)

I also didn't interpret it as meaning more "epic", just something special or great in terms of the quality of effects on screen.

HuDaFuK

Exactly, money doesn't necessarily mean we'll be getting The Lord of the Rings. It could just mean they'll be using lost of sets. If it's not set in the present day, they'll have to spend the money getting the period right. If it's in the future, that's generally even more expensive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed