Started by War Wager, Aug 15, 2007, 08:35:28 PM

What do you think of the Halo series?

Yes - don't see whats so special about it
21 (58.3%)
No - probably the best shooter around
15 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author
Does anyone here NOT like Halo? (Read 11,065 times)

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: WisePredator on Aug 17, 2007, 11:06:16 PM
I like the games, but I couldn't understand the hype, and to be honest Halo was just boring me.

I thought you were a WISE-Predator :P  Just kiddin.. it's not for everyone I guess.  I loved Halo 1.  Halo 2 was ok, slight dissapointment though.

Danger Close

Halo 1 really did out shine Halo 2. But I have a good feeling about Halo 3. I think it's the story that really drove the hype of the game. There is a lot of mystery.

WisePredator

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 17, 2007, 11:17:39 PM
Quote from: WisePredator on Aug 17, 2007, 11:06:16 PM
I like the games, but I couldn't understand the hype, and to be honest Halo was just boring me.

I thought you were a WISE-Predator :P  Just kiddin.. it's not for everyone I guess.  I loved Halo 1.  Halo 2 was ok, slight dissapointment though.
When I started the game it just struck me that it's just an FPS game set in the future, then it came to me that all the hype was because of the multi-player. But the best thing to come to Halo was Red vs Blue ;D

P.S I thought it went out of hand when the Flood came in.

badass_badger

It has a good multiplayer along with Gears. But I never really got into it much, mainly because of the ten year olds bitching at me for spamming the rocket launcher.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I personally don't like Halo, as I believe it's in terms of genre and idea-- a copy of Aliens vs Predator.

-Rakai'Thwei

Huol

Huol

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 20, 2007, 05:42:23 AM
I personally don't like Halo, as I believe it's in terms of genre and idea-- a copy of Aliens vs Predator.

-Rakai'Thwei
Erm... How so?
High tech aliens eradicating the human species, while one "cyborg" enhanced soldier fights to save the human race.
Yup. Sounds so much like avp...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The marines, their dropships, how they act is exactly like  ALIENS  even Sergeant Johnson who is the exact ripoff of Apone from ALIENS....right down to the cigar!

Now on to the preds

ELITES.....nuff said.

WisePredator

Halo is pretty much recycled from nearly all the well known science fiction films like: The Thing(The Flood), Aliens(the Apone rip-off, the Drop-Ships and the similarity between the battle ships), Starship Troopers(The look of the marines) and Predator(The Elites/Arbiter). Then they just added a holographic assistant, a cyborg and a giant Halo, that can destroy the universe(oh yeah Star Wars, the Death Star, only more exagerated.).

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Halo has literally gotten everything from all sci-fi things, the only thing that I appreciate them doing, is that Bungie actually doies their own thing with it.

Master Chief

I like Halo

Huol

Huol

Quote from: The Joker on Aug 20, 2007, 12:46:29 PM
The marines, their dropships, how they act is exactly like  ALIENS  even Sergeant Johnson who is the exact ripoff of Apone from ALIENS....right down to the cigar!

Now on to the preds

ELITES.....nuff said.

Theres a difference between a rip off and an homage.

Elites... whats so similar? Mandibals? Cloaking?
The mandibals arn't anything like pred mandibals...

Onto the cloaking, firstly predator didn't invent cloaking devices, secondly, not only elites can cloak in halo.

The dropships and Johnson are just homages.

Oh and how is the flood anything like the thing?
Come on Star wars didn't invent doomsday devices...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am guessing it's like the thing, only in that it controls a person or things body...that's as far as i think the similarities go.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The pelican and johnson are carbon copies of the Dropship and Apone.

Bungie sucks at being original.

They have their homages, but they really ripped a lot of ideas off.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Yeah, but as I said, they at least do their own thing with it, that's what I like about Bungie, yeah thier still ripoff aholes, but i have to give it to them.

WisePredator

Quote from: Huol on Aug 22, 2007, 01:23:38 AM
Oh and how is the flood anything like the thing?
Come on Star wars didn't invent doomsday devices...

1. Have you looked at the deformed marines in Halo1-2?

2.Star Wars was the first to invent the largest doomsday device ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed