No more hate. List your love.

Started by A55tricky, Jan 30, 2010, 09:03:55 PM

Author
No more hate. List your love. (Read 8,058 times)

AJL

AJL

Good: Graphics...

Some people may think graphics are irrelevant, that they are just eyecandy and
nothing more, which I suppose maybe true with some games, but with this kind
of game where characters are at least supposed to be sneaky and use shadows
and such, I think graphics play a little biger role than normally...

Bad lighting/shadows were certainly a problem in AvP2. Hard to hide in shadows
as Alien if there are none... Very often aliens who try to hide in some dark spots
are actually easier to see as its only the environment that is dark, and the fully
lit aliens stand out "nicely" in the dark area... :-\

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: AJL on Jan 31, 2010, 12:03:08 PM
Good: Graphics...

Some people may think graphics are irrelevant, that they are just eyecandy and
nothing more, which I suppose maybe true with some games, but with this kind
of game where characters are at least supposed to be sneaky and use shadows
and such, I think graphics play a little biger role than normally...

yep, lighting is most important imho, its what i hated about AvP2, you could not sneak in the shadows.. so glad that you can in this, imo Aliens are supposed to be sneaky and are far more scary when there out of sight waiting for you to come close, instead of constantly running at you..

out-at-night-mostly

1. The fact that it exists- Yes peoeple have the right to nitpick about what they personally find wrong with it. But if rebellion haven't gone round to tackle it, anything relating to an avp3 will simply be a pipe dream for everyone here. If anyone's gonna do an avp game justice it most likely be Rebellion. im cool with it

2. EXECUTION

3. Survivor Mode. Skirmish in original was fun. Now all the better when we can do it with friends

4. Graphics.

Puks

Puks

Quoteyep, lighting is most important imho, its what i hated about AvP2, you could not sneak in the shadows.. so glad that you can in this

AvP1 had awesome lighting back in '99, this game would utterly suck without realistic lighting in 2010.

Joe117

Joe117

I like the small things,

I like when ur cloaked as the pred ur heat shimmers in and out.

I like that u have a sprint action

I like that the Alien roars when u run, idc about stealth, if I was trying to be stealthy I wouldn't run :)

I really love everything, there's like 2 things I don't like but everything makes iit so much better idc.

Kelevra

Kelevra

I love the fact that this game has actually been made and is looking very good.
I love the looks of all the SP modes.
Survival mode looks fantastic.
I also love the thought of sneaking around as an Alien, carefully picking off the prey...Very tense stuff!

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

I love the Alien Queen :)

Lie

Lie

Im gonna love it, seeing the way the Alien gameplay is im kinda pleased as long as Predalien is a playable online skin its gonna be... Piff.

Tomar

Tomar

Well even if I had a lot of constructive criticism I also have my good points that belongs to this series.

First off I am very happy that we even get a new AvP game as its already some time passed since we had anything new in this series and the fanbase began to shrink after 5 years let alone that we have waited nearly double the amount of time ... something I definitly want to express!

Regarding the game:

-> HW Tesselation
-> lightning
-> threeway Multiplayer (duh, but unique)
-> interwined plot
-> dark and scary atmosphere
-> a LOT of gore (just how I like it ;) )
-> adult title (thanks to the above)

Of course there is more but that are some things out the top of my head ;).

Yes this game will be much awaited but my expectations are not set very high, in order to not get disappointed ... .

Quote from: predalien27 on Jan 31, 2010, 04:54:09 AM
This thread is a good idea. I've seen what negitivity does to developers and the such.  :P
Hopefully the fan base does not become hostile if this game is not the best because we will definitly regret this later. :'(

Buddy, talking about a game in a not so positive but more constructive aspect certainly will not let anybody of us regret it.

I mean everyone who is on this board and is serious about what he/she talks cares for this game and then the developers need to listen and not get "angry" on us ... I mean c'mon the developers are not 15 years old but adult people who have family and need to work for their money and if the customers have positive/negative criticism they need to get along and understand and learn what should be done better and what should be changed.

You know those guys are not babies but adults and understand (I at least hope so) what the particular person means when he/she wants a change in something or proposes another way of "fine-tuning" the game ... I mean ultimately its their game but WE will play after all and if they want that we play it they should at the very least listen to us!

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Tomar on Jan 31, 2010, 07:52:39 PM
Quote from: predalien27 on Jan 31, 2010, 04:54:09 AM
This thread is a good idea. I've seen what negativity does to developers and the such.  :P
Hopefully the fan base does not become hostile if this game is not the best because we will definitely regret this later. :'(

Buddy, talking about a game in a not so positive but more constructive aspect certainly will not let anybody of us regret it.

I mean everyone who is on this board and is serious about what he/she talks cares for this game and then the developers need to listen and not get "angry" on us ... I mean c'mon the developers are not 15 years old but adult people who have family and need to work for their money and if the customers have positive/negative criticism they need to get along and understand and learn what should be done better and what should be changed.

You know those guys are not babies but adults and understand (I at least hope so) what the particular person means when he/she wants a change in something or proposes another way of "fine-tuning" the game ... I mean ultimately its their game but WE will play after all and if they want that we play it they should at the very least listen to us!
Of course constructive criticism is helpful but what I meant to say was if after the game comes out, and it is not as good as we believe it to be,  then of course we can complain.  But after a certain time, we need to stop because Rebellion may deem it a failure and not do anything to help it even if there are major problems.

A55tricky

A55tricky

ok lets try to stay friendly. i made this topic to try and let people get away from the negative on the other boards. lets not bring down the happy vibe.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I like

-the overall feeling of the Marine campaign (from thie videos)

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Jan 31, 2010, 11:07:06 AM
Quote from: Puks on Jan 31, 2010, 10:58:01 AM
O rly?

Watch some of the marine campaign footage. More like T-800.

*runs away, tomatoes and eggs flying everywhere*

*Throws rock as he's expecting vegetables apparently*
Technically neither are vegetables .. Sorry, I'm a dickhead lol  :D

Hollowhero

Hollowhero

I love it all. so0óÃ"n it will be ours. sooooooon

Caosss

Caosss

I just love aliens, So much, I just saw Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien R (even though it indeed does suck) in 2 nights.
Now I just cant wait  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed