John Davis is out of the picture.

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Apr 28, 2009, 09:48:07 PM

Author
John Davis is out of the picture. (Read 8,720 times)

Pvt. Hicks

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6790&Itemid=99

Robert Rodriguez has full control of the project. Rejoice.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Thank god  ;D!

Bishop2

Bishop2

I'm a little worried about what'll come from one person having complete and utter control, but also quite pleased John Davis is out of the picture at last. If they'd only kept him away before now in time for the AVP movies, they could've been set in space in the future...

Undeadite

Does this little blurb of juicy goodness pop up in any other articles? Because if this is just some writer's way of saying Rodriguez is producing, I am going to scream.

Aeus

Aeus

Did he say RR was going back to his original PREDATORS script? If so I'm going to go upstairs and commit suicide. Goodbye everybody.

But I guess all this talk of Ridley getting involved with the Alien franchise again does give me some reason to live.

shakermakerman

ShadowPred

As you can tell, FOX and Davis were both once awesome...nowadays no....THANK HEAVENS THAT HE'S OUT!

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: shakermakerman on Apr 29, 2009, 09:59:30 PM
Why? he did produce Predator too not just both AvP movies.

"So what if he produced 30 bad movies! He still produced one good one!"

*facepalm*

DoomRulz

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Apr 29, 2009, 11:20:55 PM

*facepalm*

Quote from: shakermakerman on Apr 29, 2009, 09:59:30 PM
Why? he did produce Predator too not just both AvP movies.

He never said he was going to make a good movie. He just asked you why he's off the project.

SiL

SiL

Dudes, maybe this isn't such a good thing?

Think about it. Davis loves his Predators. Sure, he was responsible for getting two really, really shitty Pred-related movies made, and let's face it, the first two were pretty obviously what they were thanks to Joel Silver, not Davis.

But when the guy had more creative input onto a Pred-related film, he basically engineered it towards giving Pred fanboys exactly what they wanted - a Predator who walked all over Aliens in between awesome poses. He knew what Pred fans wanted, and handed it to them.

I'm not saying Davis is awesome, or even good, but if he was on-board then Predator fans, at least, would likely be catered to, come what may. And heck, maybe if they finally hired a decent writer, Davis' unapologetic fandome, coupled with a solid script, could actually result in a movie that pleases both the mindless crowds and Predator fans.

Instead we have the starting point of the movie being a script that nobody who's read it has had anything decent to say about it, except, obviously, people in Hollywood, who largely wouldn't know a good idea if it bit them on the face.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

John Davis:"I think we should do this for the fans this tim...*

*PUNCH*

Robert Rodriguez: your mine now bitch ;)

if only it worked that way... how did Rodriguez secure the rights last time I checked they belonged to davis

TarheelPredator

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2009, 12:42:13 AM

But when the guy had more creative input onto a Pred-related film, he basically engineered it towards giving Pred fanboys exactly what they wanted - a Predator who walked all over Aliens in between awesome poses. He knew what Pred fans wanted, and handed it to them.

Did he not as much creative input for AvP as he did in AvPR? B/C AvP was anything but a Predator walking all over Aliens--it was effectively the neutring of the Predators. And then it went the other way in AvPR; aliens were reduced to harmless, pathetic bugs.

As I understand it, Davis played a big part in approving the AvP script over the script on the internet that faces the two species off in space. From what I could tell the script was a lot better than AvP was. And then there's AvPR...we've talked so much about it the past year that I'm sure I don't have to go into it.

Anyways, I admittedly don't know very much about Davis' involvment in the films, but I admit that I'm glad to hear he's not going to be a part of the next one.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TarheelPredator on Apr 30, 2009, 06:08:01 AM
Did he not as much creative input for AvP as he did in AvPR?
Technically he would have, but he didn't seem to exercise it as much as he did for AvPR. Go into Predator-only mode and obviously he's going to be thinking about making the Predator as good as possible.

QuoteI dont know what anyone is talking about so *CHEERS* Ill just nod and smile and tell yo all your brilliant men like a good little girl
Not saying anything is an option ;)

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Apr 29, 2009, 11:20:55 PM

*facepalm*

And Predator 2 ::)
Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2009, 12:42:13 AM
Dudes, maybe this isn't such a good thing?

Think about it. Davis loves his Predators. Sure, he was responsible for getting two really, really shitty Pred-related movies made, and let's face it, the first two were pretty obviously what they were thanks to Joel Silver, not Davis.

I'm not saying Davis is awesome, or even good, but if he was on-board then Predator fans, at least, would likely be catered to, come what may. And heck, maybe if they finally hired a decent writer, Davis' unapologetic fandome, coupled with a solid script, could actually result in a movie that pleases both the mindless crowds and Predator fans.

Instead we have the starting point of the movie being a script that nobody who's read it has had anything decent to say about it, except, obviously, people in Hollywood, who largely wouldn't know a good idea if it bit them on the face.

Agreed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2009, 08:48:22 AM
Technically he would have, but he didn't seem to exercise it as much as he did for AvPR. Go into Predator-only mode and obviously he's going to be thinking about making the Predator as good as possible.

Can you really make the Predator any better than it was in Predator and its sequel? The film will end in the same manner anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed