Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 14, 2012, 10:33:29 AM

Author
Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!) (Read 57,315 times)

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 24, 2012, 09:45:12 PM
How do you know it's the "official" facebook page for that book.  Normally I check the Info section of a facebook page to make sure if it's official or not and I don't see any links or bio that ties it to an official anything. :(
Because the page is moderated and updated by the original artist.

predxeno

Really? :o  How do you know?

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 25, 2012, 03:46:10 AM
Really? :o  How do you know?
Because it says so in the captions of the previously unreleased, un-inked art he keeps posting up for fans :P

predxeno

I'm saying this for sure, but isn't it possible that someone else had access to his work and posted it up? ???

MrSpaceJockey

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 25, 2012, 04:52:48 AM
I'm saying this for sure, but isn't it possible that someone else had access to his work and posted it up? ???
:-\ You're right, it's all a conspiracy!  :P

The moderator of the official facebook page dropped a hint that the Hardback Artist's Edition may be comprised of the original black and white ink panels. Hmm. If that's the case I may just go with the paperback version, which is likely just a straight reprint of the colored version. What can I say? I like da purrty cullers  :P

MrSpaceJockey

Yes, I saw that too, when someone asked about all the wonderful black/white artwork they dropped a link to Amazon.com. Hmm...

predxeno

Ok, ok, it's the official artist since you seem so sure of yourself.

MrSpaceJockey

Is that an actual confirmation or are you backing down? And once again, just out of curiousity, why does this matter.

predxeno

I guess I'm backing down as I'm still not completely sure but Cvalda is and that's probably good enough.  And why does it matter?  Well, I guess I just like to know which pages are official and which aren't.

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 25, 2012, 08:03:05 PM
I guess I'm backing down as I'm still not completely sure but Cvalda is and that's probably good enough.  And why does it matter?  Well, I guess I just like to know which pages are official and which aren't.
The page is updated and moderated by Walter Simonson, the original illustrator. It's linked to his official Facebook page and some of the updates are even signed off by him. It's official, as far as that capacity goes.

Corporal Hicks

I've given Titan a bell to go through the official routes. I'll get in touch with some authors in a bit.

Mr. Domino

For those unsure, an "Artist's Edition" is something that's been cropping up some in comic book circles lately, and what it is precisely is the original uncolored, sometimes un-inked (depending on the artist) pages as they originally appeared fresh off the artist's desk. That means the pages for this artist's edition will be in the same size as the original art (significantly larger than the original paperback release), and, judging from the fact that the images on Simonson's facebook page are inked, probably black and white inked, on extremely high-quality paper to reproduce the art as faithfully as possible.

If you're really into comic art, especially stuff in the old style, these Artist's Editions have been a real treat so far - very much looking forward to another excuse to mix my comic habit with my Alien habit.

Hope this clears up any confusion as to what the Artist's Edition is - any further questions, I'll make an effort to check back here.

Cvalda

Based on the hints that have been dropped, I think you're right. In that case, given the fact that the Artist's Edition is going to be outrageously expensive (the Amazon UK listprice is £39.99--Jesus) and that I like the purrty colors of the normal edition (does that make me some sort of comic book heathen? :P), I think I'll just go with the standard paperback reissue, which is currently under $10 on Amazon. Not a bad tradeoff considering I just recently sold my original '79 first edition for $30. 8)

SM

QuoteIf you're really into comic art, especially stuff in the old style, these Artist's Editions have been a real treat so far

Also if you really dig colouring books.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed