Alien vs Predator-1999
21 (20.4%)
Alien vs Predator 2
59 (57.3%)
Aliens vs Predator 3
23 (22.3%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author
Best of the 3 AVP Games (Read 13,776 times)

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

You can mute the microphones. :P

[T)A]DarkDragon

[T)A]DarkDragon

avp2 no doubt, i spent most my life playing it.

Predaker

Predaker

AvP99 and AvP2 both had their moments as amazing games.. One of my favorite parts about AvP2 was the start of the level as a chestburster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmTrHlofUI#

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

That certainly was one of the game's most genius touches. It really helped to put you into the mindset of a xenomorph as you followed it from the moment of birth.

This moment actually won several awards in various game magazines as one of the year's best gaming moments. It doesn't take much to see why.

I will have to change my previous statement in 1999 being my favorite. I really cannot pick AvP1999 or AvP2 as a favorite. They are both like a single entity that encompasses everything that the AvP franchise should be.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

- The first one used to be great but hasn't aged very well.

- The second one got almost everything right. Definitely one of the best FPS of all time IMO.

- AvP 2010 did some interesting things gameplay-wise and showcased amazing graphics but ultimately failed to live up to its predecessors. It's not a bad game though.

I'm choosing AvP 2. :)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: The Runner on Aug 20, 2011, 02:07:43 AM
Well just pick what AVP did its best on capturing the things that made both Alien and Predator great.

I pick AVP 3..it seemed to do a pretty nice job. Though I havent played the older 2.

So you think the third is the best..without playing the first two?

Wat?

chupacabras acheronsis

isn't it scary that people like that vote?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

It is, I voted 1999.

Can you even call it a vote if you pick AvP2010 but haven't played the first two?

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

I havn't played the first 2 so im picking AVP2010

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Pred-man201 on Mar 18, 2012, 10:01:49 AM

Go now and play the first two. Then come back here and change your vote..  ;D

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

Quote from: Predaker on Mar 18, 2012, 04:18:32 PM
Quote from: Pred-man201 on Mar 18, 2012, 10:01:49 AM

Go now and play the first two. Then come back here and change your vote..  ;D

well i cant because they dont sell it anymore in my country and i have a mac, so i dont think it will work on mine.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Well then pull up Youtube and watch some Lets Play vids. Will give you a basic idea.

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Mar 15, 2012, 10:59:29 AM
- The first one used to be great but hasn't aged very well.

I cannot agree. The only thing that has dated is the graphics, and judging a game based on tha is like judging a movie for the type of film that was used.

Jango1201

Jango1201

AVP 1 all the way!!!! To this day the game still gives me the willies because of the random enemy placement.

predxeno

predxeno

I wonder why they didn't keep that with AVP2010. ???

chupacabras acheronsis

too complex to plan the maps like that. they weren't large enough to keep the player from getting constantly raped and the AI could fail to navigate it, it's a common problem with modern shooters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed