AvPGalaxy Exclusive - Early John Logan Alien: Covenant Script!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive - Early John Logan Alien: Covenant Script! (Read 67,424 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Got a feeling they're gonna (try) keep the early scripts offline until the last part in the trilogy is made. Because they might use ideas from those for the last movie.
If they're going with a Planet David scenario, it's likely they'll use things from the Prometheus 2/Alien: Paradise scripts.

KiramidHead

Yeah, they have a tendency to cannibalize the old scripts. Indiana Jones is the same.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 21, 2018, 01:32:23 AM
Yeah, they have a tendency to cannibalize the old scripts. Indiana Jones is the same.

In this case, I'm hoping they do. I presume most concept art was based on a one of the drafts and I found most of it quite intriguing. So I'd just love to know more about them. Either in movie or script format. Preferably both  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I don't believe there was really that much of a difference between the older ones and what we got. I've been speaking to someone who I'm aware worked on the project when it was called Prometheus 2 and there's very very little difference.

Baron Von Marlon

Hmmm... Not sure what to think of that.
Khang-Le's and Carlos Huante's work gave me the impression the differences would be bigger.
I know that out of all the concept art only few things are actually used but they're usually drawn for a reason, no?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2018, 09:06:59 AM
Honestly, I don't believe there was really that much of a difference between the older ones and what we got. I've been speaking to someone who I'm aware worked on the project when it was called Prometheus 2 and there's very very little difference.

So even without the shoehorned Alien, the story was almost the same. Well I don't blame them. After all, and despite some nice eye candy, Prometheus plot is so messy.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 21, 2018, 02:35:52 PM
Hmmm... Not sure what to think of that.
Khang-Le's and Carlos Huante's work gave me the impression the differences would be bigger.
I know that out of all the concept art only few things are actually used but they're usually drawn for a reason, no?

I don't know, because at Khang's website one can find some familiar stuffs like the mass death of the Engineers and a previous version of David's lab. Mutant Engineers seem to suggest a longer and alternate flashback. But overall I am seeing more aesthetic differences, such as the architecture of the necropolis: more akin with the facilities of LV-223 with some Giger´s references.

Corporal Hicks

Apparently, even when it was Prometheus 2, there were Aliens involved. The only major differences I'm hearing is that Shaw survived to be found by the Covenant crew and helped them out a bit. Didn't get an answer on her fate though.

Evanus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2018, 10:02:10 PM
Apparently, even when it was Prometheus 2, there were Aliens involved. The only major differences I'm hearing is that Shaw survived to be found by the Covenant crew and helped them out a bit. Didn't get an answer on her fate though.
If only it was like that in the film.  :'(

0321recon

0321recon

Being a fan of Rapace it hurts to read that. That's what I imagined happening. I had the idea that Shaw managed to survive and helped the Covenant crew survive David and the xenos. Though, sadly we got a slap in the face instead.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 21, 2018, 09:01:20 PMI don't know, because at Khang's website one can find some familiar stuffs like the mass death of the Engineers and a previous version of David's lab. Mutant Engineers seem to suggest a longer and alternate flashback. But overall I am seeing more aesthetic differences, such as the architecture of the necropolis: more akin with the facilities of LV-223 with some Giger´s references.

The mass death is similar, yes.
But the weapon used seems different. Instead of pathogen it appears like bugs. Sorta makes sense since after the attack parasites emerge from the Engineers.
There's the "sick" Engineer sitting with others, there's an Engineer becoming a 'morph (but this could be the sick one).
And later on a bunch of those 'morphs. So at some point multiple Engineers drank 'morph goo and changed.
If it happened after David's attack, that could mean there were still Engineers present when the Covenant arrived.
David's lab includes 3 humans stuck in something. What happened there? What was he doing?

Maybe the overal structure of the movie is the same, but the filling seems better.
More Engineers, more creations, more to discuss.

The Aliens were probably the Engineers who drank the goo. I'm guessing the movie would end with them attacking.
We'd might to know more about their race and the xeno.
And they would've made the xeno instead of David.

Shaw survived?! Aw, lawd! Why didn't they keep this in the movie.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 21, 2018, 10:21:06 PM
Shaw survived?! Aw, lawd! Why didn't they keep this in the movie.
If this movie really is Prometheus... David will resurrect Shaw. So yea we will see her again.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: 0321recon on Feb 21, 2018, 10:19:30 PM

Being a fan of Rapace it hurts to read that. That's what I imagined happening. I had the idea that Shaw managed to survive and helped the Covenant crew survive David and the xenos. Though, sadly we got a slap in the face instead.

Maybe Rapace didn't like the direction the script was going that focused less on the plot of Prometheus and something more Alien, and she decided she didn't want to be involved with the project. I mean that's been the reasoning in my head this whole time. She didn't want to be involved in the project in any major way, so they wrote her out because she wouldn't spend that much time in it.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2018, 10:02:10 PMThe only major differences I'm hearing is that Shaw survived to be found by the Covenant crew and helped them out a bit.

Please fire the idiot who thought that this was a bad idea.

KiramidHead

It would have been preferable to her getting the Alien 3 treatmemt.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 22, 2018, 11:35:50 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2018, 10:02:10 PMThe only major differences I'm hearing is that Shaw survived to be found by the Covenant crew and helped them out a bit.

Please fire the idiot who thought that this was a bad idea.

That's what I want to know. Who was the person or group of persons @ Fox who decided to kill her off since 2012 and on I'd always remember press interviews were Noomi would always talked about wanting to do Prometheus 2 or how the script was coming along. Then, everything went quiet.

I could easily imagine what would of happened with Shaw in Covenant. Shaw was experimented on Though survived and escaped David's lab of horrors. At this junction,  Shaw would look like a hybrid engineer, bald headed with black eyes. She lives in a distant part of the planet. She notices the Covenant transport and quickly goes towards their location. As we see in the film, the group splits apart, Shaw comes across the crew who takes scientific samples and warns them of the habitat. However, she sees what happens to the soldier and she's the one who rushes to take him to the ship, and keep him quarantined. They lock him in the bay while the pilot and scientist stay outside with Shaw when they see the birth of the neo. Shaw realizes that neo is about to burst out of the bay and orders the two women to grab weapons and run while she torches the ship. They run to safety and Shaw blows the ship. They run towards her hideout when the neo chases after the three and Shaw seeing this with the weapon she kills the neo. In the distance, they see the other half of the crew come back and have their own neo encounter and the appearance of David. The two women want to go with the group though, she stops them.

From there, Shaw tells the women of her mission and what occurred when she arrived and how David lost his mind. She hatches a plan to the rescue the rest of the crew from David. The film continues the same as it is until we see david murder half Of the crew via experiments or luring them into his egg dungeon. Shaw reaches the temple to discover what he did and rescues Danny, Lope, and Walter.  we have a boss fight between David and Shaw. Shaw at first takes the upper hand though His strength is too much for her and Walter orders her and Danny to leave and while he finishes David off. The movie remains the same from what we saw with the difference that it's Shaw who gets rid off the xeno in the Covenant. Then, at the end it's Shaw instead of Danny, David reveals himself too.

From writing this, I do see the film being longer though we would spend more time with Shaw and the world she arrived to and how exactly David went mental on her and the engineers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed