What's known about pred breeding?

Started by azerty, Aug 06, 2007, 09:49:46 PM

Author
What's known about pred breeding? (Read 5,144 times)

Predator Queen

Quote from: Dachande on Aug 06, 2007, 11:18:28 PM
In response to the actual question and going with whats canon and whats not, nothing is known about Pred Breeding, we dont even know if there are Pred genders, they miught all be asexual.

So, i wouldnt believe any of what was copy and pasted, considering it isnt even fact.
its only becouse it came from me

Dachande

Dachande

No, if you read through my post, you would know why i disagree, the fact that its from you is just a plus side.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWhat's known about pred breeding?
Nothing.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: Predator Queen on Aug 06, 2007, 11:00:26 PM
It is assumed that even Yautja must be attracted to each other enough to initiate sexual liaisons. All senses are connected to sexual attraction, but smell, the most primitive one, is primary.

Yautja may know instantly which female is in estrus (heat) and at what stage her cycle she is, since their acute sense of smell can detect "child-bearers musk". It is unknown that, once deprived of the sense of smell, the males would become sterile or if the female would continue to go into heat.

Males generally father up to 70 "sucklings".

The female Yautja are known to occasionally throw their mates during moments of passion.

Yautja reproduction is unknown. Females of nearly all earth mammals are sexually motivated only during a specific time in their hormonal cycle. Their male counterparts know instantly when this time occurs, and at what stage of her cycle she is in. Since the Yautja can smell the musks of other Yautja, this might be a possibility. Humans and pygmy chimpanzees differ in this. These females are permanently in estras (heat) - which means they can be sexually motivated at any moment. With the Yautja lifestyle, a male might die on any Hunt. Thus, females might need to be able to breed at any moment, and so this also might be a possibility.

Not much is known about their breeding period. It is assumed only one female in a pack becomes pregnant (usually the dominant female) Sometimes two or more females may breed.

In other earth animals, including most primates, copulation occurs in a stereotypical way, with one set of postures and movements form the female and a different set for the males. Humans are hampered only by imagination. considering how ritualistic the Yautja are, this might be how they copulate.

There is always the threat of castration for males - not only does it eliminate his chances of continuing his line, but also any rank he may have had in male society. Such males would most likely kill themselves in such a situation. It seems reasonable that only females would ritually castrate, males giving each other the respect of killing their opponent instead.

It is known that they are not monogamous. In such an atmosphere of high competition for breeding rights among males (it is the male who must attract the female), there are many males who never get the chance to breed. These frustrated males may turn on their subordinates.

Thus, the Yautja who do breed have proven themselves by hunting dangerous prey and gaining many impressive trophies. It is not uncommon for veteran warriors to sire hundreds of offspring with multiple mates. A second windfall of this accomplishment is the admiration of their clan brothers, which they spend most of their time.

Just ask Predator Queen

ShadowPred

God, can't believe i am actually posting on this.

Ok, I'll just say what I believe and then not come back,

I believe they mate the same way us Humans do, there, good-bye.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

hmm....

Uncanny Antman

But do Predators go ass-to-mouth?

ShadowPred

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Aug 09, 2007, 03:46:55 AM
But do Predators go ass-to-mouth?

You have just made it even more disgusting than this discussion already is.

Uncanny Antman

I thought you said you weren't coming back?

Anyway, it was just a reference to a film.  :)

ShadowPred

Well,  i had to, just to see where this is going, bow i for sure am not coming back, because more than likely there will be something far worse than "ass to mouth" mentioned, here....so long my friends, and may your minds not be corrupted by Predator "ass to mouth" rituals.

darkbladepred

It was a reference to Clerks 2 right Antman?

On topic:
we really no nothing about pred mating unless you look at the non-canon material... in which case it bring me back to a saying I've repeatedly said on this forum: If you can look at a female pred and say "I'd hit that as long as I didn't have to look it in the face..." that takes away from it... do I hope the comic book versions of predator genders/mating never makes its way onto film...

Predator Queen

Quote from: darkbladepred on Aug 10, 2007, 12:22:38 AM

On topic:
we really no nothing about pred mating unless you look at the non-canon material... in which case it bring me back to a saying I've repeatedly said on this forum: If you can look at a female pred and say "I'd hit that as long as I didn't have to look it in the face..." that takes away from it... do I hope the comic book versions of predator genders/mating never makes its way onto film...
or will it? dun dun da...

darkbladepred

Quote from: Predator Queen on Aug 10, 2007, 12:32:07 AM
Quote from: darkbladepred on Aug 10, 2007, 12:22:38 AM

On topic:
we really no nothing about pred mating unless you look at the non-canon material... in which case it bring me back to a saying I've repeatedly said on this forum: If you can look at a female pred and say "I'd hit that as long as I didn't have to look it in the face..." that takes away from it... I hope the comic book versions of predator genders/mating never makes its way onto film...
or will it? dun dun da...
It already has , we just never told you. It was in that movie where Jenna Jameson played the predator.

Huol

Huol

While i believe Predators reproduce much like us, i doubt their females have breasts. Since i can't see how any baby with a mouth like that can suckle on a teat without mutilating it.   :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed