Clicking sound

Started by gameoverman, Jun 09, 2007, 07:06:42 AM

Author
Clicking sound (Read 1,693 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Simple question - why do the Predators make a clicking sound?

Nightmare

Nightmare

well, the clicing is probably they way they talk with each other, can also be to to scare theyr prey (or a predator that hunts them from theyr home planet, the clicking can be a very loud sound for some animals)

they must make some sound dont you think?

just because they cna copy what humans say i dont think they use some language like that to comunicate with each other (like stuff from comics where they call themselfs yautja...i havent seen those comics but if they call themselfs yautja it certainly isnt by clicking)

Fitzley

Fitzley

Yeah but, you hear it when they are alone hunting...so who would they be talking to?

It's a good question, I can't think of a good reason other than it's just a natural sound they make...maybe a breathing sound they make on occasion, like a sigh or maybe when they are alerted to something.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Most likely when they are alerted to something

Arnold did scream in Predator, and the pred turned in the direction of the sound with the clicking noise immediatley when it turned

Exiled

Exiled

if they are alerted and started clicking wouldn't that give them away ::)

Caledonia

Caledonia

I have always thought it was how they breath. You'd like an alien species from billion of miles away would have a totally different biology than ours and many traits would differ. The breathing would be different from ours and that could mean anything, like a clicking noise.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

possibly predators talk to themselves keep them company lol just kidding maybe a warning? or threeat or many uses who knows all i care about it sounds awesome

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Maybe that's the noise they make when they flex their mandibles? No matter why they do it, it still sounds awesome.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Caledonii on Aug 14, 2007, 05:59:47 PM
I have always thought it was how they breath. You'd like an alien species from billion of miles away would have a totally different biology than ours and many traits would differ. The breathing would be different from ours and that could mean anything, like a clicking noise.

I like this theory the best.. Tho, I bet they had no reasoning other than "It needs to have a weird sound".

Caledonia

Caledonia

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 14, 2007, 09:08:23 PM
Quote from: Caledonii on Aug 14, 2007, 05:59:47 PM

I like this theory the best.. Tho, I bet they had no reasoning other than "It needs to have a weird sound".

Agreed, but together ... we can make history  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed