Inconsistencies

Started by UDA, Feb 06, 2013, 10:30:00 AM

Author
Inconsistencies (Read 74,449 times)

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

The M41A Pulse Rifle Mk 2's ammo counter is where the player can see. Hudson's Pulse rifle will have the ammo counter on the original side

The Runner

The Runner

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: UDA on Feb 06, 2013, 08:15:52 PM
Everywhere.

There's a difference between critical, and negative.

There are plenty of people saying "IM SO STOKED, OMFG!"

Ash 937

Ash 937

Not sure to what extent Hudson's character will be featured in the game, but for those of you who are getting the pre-order content and expecting to hear Bill Paxton's voice to go with the MP skin, be prepared for another inconsistency...Bill Paxton was not involved in doing any voice work for A:CM.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 06, 2013, 08:42:14 PM
Not sure to what extent Hudson's character will be featured in the game, but for those of you who are getting the pre-order content and expecting to hear Bill Paxton's voice to go with the MP skin, be prepared for another inconsistency...Bill Paxton was not involved in doing any voice work for A:CM.

THEY LIED TO ME!!!

Valaquen

Valaquen

QuoteWe've definitely had times where we'll put out a screenshot and get some minor but very real details wrong, and we get angry emails, forum posts, tweets or some form of communication about it. Sometimes you have to listen and go "hey, we messed up that thing but that's an easy thing to fix". Instead of doubling down and ignoring negative posts, sometimes you have to take a step back and say "that's valid, that's real" - and we know that Aliens fans especially are a very vocal fan base, they love the movies and the expanded fiction, and we hopefully do them justice.

We're huge Aliens fans ourselves, we're as big if not bigger fanboys than most of them, and we've been able to see the archives and get the super-detailed information that we need to make the game. We want it to be authentic and accurate. If I could put in an extra hour to fix one more detail, it would totally be worth my hour.
http://www.oxm.co.uk/49975/features/post-colonial-marines-gearbox-talks-alien-sequels-angry-fans-and-next-gen-disruption/?page=4

So, y'know, GBX are inviting us to keep our eyes peeled for inconsistencies  ;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Someone should start this thread on the Gearbox forums.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I already found what i think  are visual inconsistencies with the room where Newt and Ripley slept, from floor tiling to wall mounted stuff. Anyone want to make a comparison screenshot? I for one don't give a rats ass about it, they are inconsistant but not completely game breaking like how other members say about it.

piff

piff

aliens can spit acid, and now their heads explode.  I wonder if this will ruin the multiplayer experience like the auto kills did in avp 2010...

also the fact that you hold   the motion tracker with one hand, and cant really shot is kind of lame. All the other successful avp2 games the motion tracker was on the HUD, now its forever changed... probably for the worse...

hopefully this game could be modded so it wont die a slow death like avp2010

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 06, 2013, 08:45:27 PM
So, y'know, GBX are inviting us to keep our eyes peeled for inconsistencies  ;)

Bigger fanboys, hah... Yeah. Okay, Gearbox PR person. Okay:laugh:

I can quote Aliens. From beginning to end. FROM MEMORY. Okay? I doubt they can outdo that.

Once again, i'd be very surprised if they actually listened.

UDA

UDA

Wait, that's another thing. The motion tracker. Is it an updated version?

If GBX said it's the same tracker, and not a new model, then it's going on the list.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why does the Sephora get all the new gear?

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteWhy does the Sephora get all the new gear?
Not all units are outfitted the same. Depending on station or mission, etc.  It's very possible that the original squad sent to LV-426 was not a top notch unit with the best tech.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: PLEXI on Feb 06, 2013, 09:21:01 PM
QuoteWhy does the Sephora get all the new gear?
Not all units are outfitted the same. Depending on station or mission, etc.  It's very possible that the original squad sent to LV-426 was not a top notch unit with the best tech.

This is relatively true to real-life to a certain degree. Certain units get top stuff, others not so much.

It fits within the context of the original Aliens story. They did seem to think the situation was pretty low risk, so why send a high end unit?

Still. It does kinda put a spin on all that stuff in Aliens that I don't much care for.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I can buy that.  Maybe that's why the Sulaco had no sprinklers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed