Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 246,315 times)

Highland

I thought blade runner was really great. Star Wars though.... Yeah, thought Spaceballs was the better comedy.

GreybackElder

For continuity sake I hope they let Ridely complete his trilogy. Nothing could be worse for Prometheus and covenant than an unfinished story.

Saggit

Saggit

...and nothing could be worse for Alien franchise then Prometheus and Covenant ;)

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

can't really say you're a fan of the franchise if you only like 2 movies though 😉

MovieFan

MovieFan

Disney will give Ridley Scott the opportunity to finish his saga with one last movie because they want to keep things friendly in the Ridley Scott/Scott Free business.

Neill Blomkamp's movie is dead.

Then after Scott's final DAVID movie they'll turn the series into Disney Streaming content. 

And frankly, I love the idea of David inadvertently creating the Alien a hell of a lot more than when James Cameron just turned them into f**king giant ants. But people love the Bug Hunt bullshit.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2018, 02:09:31 AM
Agreed. This franchise has gone so far off a perfect road. No need to repackage something else and call it Alien, no need to go AVP (although I would like a third movie set in space, primarily something based on the first book). Just an honest to God Alien movie like 1, 2 or 3 and with new characters. Nothing has to connect to some bigger picture, no extra species, nobody has to be related to anyone. Just an Alien movie, with an Alien(s) and the prey. It should be easy. Dark horse has been doing it for a long time.

I'd like to think without Ripley to connect them, both Alien 1979 and Aliens could still stand on their own 2 feet. That's what we need. No more David's or Peter Weyland. No ripley or daniels. Just the beast doing its thing. I think with properly written food, they old boy can pretty much handle things himself. At least give him a try Hollywood.

"Properly written" is so key it can't be stressed enough, but they should definitely before than just food. The main problem with most horrors now-days is that you relate more to the antagonist than the victim. Because of this, all of the dread and terror leading up to the horror moments is gone, because it becomes like a game show and you secretly hope the enemy team (humans) are all killed. But if one can relate to the characters, and they have backstory, emotions, fears, hopes, dreams, personality, etc - then suddenly it becomes an entirely new dimension of plot as these people are hunted down and eliminated one-by-one - and because these characters are developed properly, we can relate to them in some or most cases and we then see someone that could easily be our friend we saw at the bar yesterday or a family member you saw over christmas, getting brutally f**king mauled by a towering black shape with gigantic claws and teeth.

T Dog

I for one can't wait for David to be the Space Jockey and for the eggs to be all his experiments! Bring on another Alien movie Ridley! Woo Woooooooooo!

tleilaxu

Quote from: Dill-On on Jan 08, 2018, 01:26:48 AM
End it. Cut it.
No Blomkamp and no Ridlley please.

We need a brand new movie about ALIEN and it must be gooooood.

No more Prometheus nonesens. No more Alien5, and destroying previous movies.
Ellen Ripley is dead by the way. She was great but she is was killed and cloned - it's enough.

I'd create brand new story.
If Hollywood has no new ideas, they can make something based on comics from Dark Horse.
No offense to any EU fans, but when a cinematic franchise starts ideas from comic books that's when it's truly dead.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jan 08, 2018, 10:27:19 PM
No offense to any EU fans, but when a cinematic franchise starts ideas from comic books that's when it's truly dead.

Lmao including DC and MCU? For perspective, the first X-Men came out on July 12, 2000. The film became a box office success, grossing $157.3 million in the US and Canada, and $296.3 million worldwide. It received positive reviews from critics, citing its acting, story, and thematic depth. The film's success led to a series of sequels, prequels, and spin-offs, with the overall success of the series spawning a reemergence of superhero films, a genre that would remain highly popular for the next two decades. It has been considered one of the best superhero films ever made.

20th Century Fox obtained the film rights to the characters in 1994, and after numerous drafts, Bryan Singer was hired to direct X-Men (2000) and its sequel, X2 (2003), while Brett Ratner directed X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).

After each film earned higher box office grosses than its predecessor, several spin-off films were released, including a trilogy focused on the character of Wolverine: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), The Wolverine (2013) and Logan (2017). A prequel, X-Men: First Class, was released in 2011, followed by sequels X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), also a sequel to X-Men: The Last Stand) and X-Men: Apocalypse (2016). A spin-off film, Deadpool (2016) was also released.

X-Men, X2, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool and Logan were all met with positive reviews from critics. X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Apocalypse were met with mixed reviews, while X-Men Origins: Wolverine received negative reviews.

With ten films released, the X-Men film series is the seventh highest-grossing film series, having grossed over US$4.9 billion worldwide. It is set to continue with the releases of The New Mutants, Deadpool 2, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix in 2018, and Gambit in 2019.

Then you have the other dozen superhero films from Marvel alone. You have Deadpool. You have Hellboy from Dark Horse Comics. You also have the multitude of DC films including Chris Nolan's record-breaking Dark Knight trilogy.

If you look at the big picture, there are FAR more examples of success than not.

SM

I think he's talking about films that didn't start as comics.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2018, 11:04:57 PM
I think he's talking about films that didn't start as comics.
To be fair, most films based on comics, even if they'd been comics to begin with, don't follow the comics.

SM

But many take their storylines from the comics.

Dill-On

Dill-On

It was crazy to do something like this at the first place....

white bald humans instead of Space Jockeys and poorly desgined creatures like a squid from stomach... :/

I've started this discussion about comic books but here is digression:

do you remember ALIEN: ISOLATION?

To be honest I'm not a big fan of continuing Ripley's story - I'd like to see a brand new plot BUT this videogame was way much better as a continuation of our favourite four movies about ALIENS than any idea of Blomkamp or mr. Scott....

Comic books... ALIEN: Labirynth was quite good.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Dill-On on Jan 08, 2018, 11:34:22 PM

white bald humans instead of Space Jockeys and poorly desgined creatures like a squid from stomach... :/

To be honest I'm not a big fan of continuing Ripley's story - I'd like to see a brand new plot BUT this videogame was way much better as a continuation of our favourite four movies about ALIENS than any idea of Blomkamp or mr. Scott....

Aye that it was. Aliens: Survival was great.

Beatnation

Quote from: Dill-On on Jan 08, 2018, 11:34:22 PM

A:R kills the chance of A: L to be adapted, since the first part of Resurrection was Labirynth lite, imho.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed