A3 Alien Chewing on its dead victims.

Started by Meathead320, Sep 03, 2007, 07:35:45 PM

Author
A3 Alien Chewing on its dead victims. (Read 4,781 times)

The Necronoir

Quote from: Nightmare on Sep 04, 2007, 07:39:20 PM
i love that theory!

anyway, feeding, now that i think about it looks unlickley....inner jaw uses the hole mouth space, and i dont see any opening on it, how would the food go to the creatures "stomach" (suposing they have one)?

if they feed i dont think it will be like big pieces of meath, maybe some sort of liquid substance (acid on food?)
That's precisely what spiders do: inject their digestive fluids into the victim and then such it back out as a liquid type of slurry (essentially external digestion). And I agree, if the aliens injest organic material at all this would seem to be the most likely way. The inner mouth could be extended into the victim's body and used like a straw, and the fact that we've seen the aliens eject acid from their inner jaws already confirms that they could use it to inject their prey in the first place. Of course, if you like the organic battery idea you could also speculate that the aliens use their acidic spray to dissolve and ingest metals.

LastSurvivor92

I couldn't quite tell but didn't the Alien in Covenant pounce down on somebody and start chewing on him as well?

howard.moody.566

I think it's safe to assume that when that inner mouth punches through your skull you are dead.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: howard.moody.566 on Jun 15, 2017, 03:12:40 PM
I think it's safe to assume that when that inner mouth punches through your skull you are dead.

:laugh: Good assumption!

Local Trouble

I always considered that the alien might have chosen to kill the prisoners because it perceived them as a threat to Ripley and, by extension, the gestating queen.

Too bad the movie wasted the opportunity to make an interesting plot point out of this during the rape scene.

StrangeShape

The script and Tom Woodruff of ADI made it clear the Runner is eating the victims, which was also always pretty obvious . "Fincher's idea was that the creature simply kills to eat" said Tom Woodruff Jr in Cinefex Magazine in '92

Local Trouble

That's so banal though.

Seed-and-Weed

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 15, 2017, 11:37:45 PM
The script and Tom Woodruff of ADI made it clear the Runner is eating the victims, which was also always pretty obvious . "Fincher's idea was that the creature simply kills to eat" said Tom Woodruff Jr in Cinefex Magazine in '92

It reminds me of Neomorph, which is clearly eating its victim.  But it also gained large amount of mass without consuming any meat. Xeno physics is always confusing.

Huntsman

My head canon is the fact the alien emerged from a dog. That's what dogs do.

BigDaddyJohn

That's what I thought too but knowing it was intended to burst from an ox, that's more awkward...

FiorinaFury161

Maybe the ox Alien sees its victims as fields of green, delicious grass :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed