1:1 Warrior head sculpt

Started by D.R., Nov 24, 2010, 02:44:40 PM

Author
1:1 Warrior head sculpt (Read 31,619 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Jesus... :o

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Looks fantastic!  *****

Is the dome solid or is there some type of framing or support?...such as with paper mache?

Also the teeth being a lighter color are they sculpted separately with a lighter clay...or is it painted?

D.R.

D.R.

Thanks! The whole thing is on an understructure made of 2x4's, plastic bags ,newspape,r tape and plaster... slolid clay on top of that 2 to 3" thick in some spots like the forehead. The teeth are plastic from a silicone mold. they still need a lot of work as does the sculpt but here is the latest.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

That last pic...
Its all so fantastic.
What are your plans for this? Paint? Display? Magic suit of awesome?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Holy wow!
Can you make a mold of that?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wow is that amazing. I love it!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

You have plans for a Predator by the way?
Would make great companion pieces.

D.R.

D.R.

lol thanks guys! I'm planning on display masks half filled with foam so you can wear it as well... each mask will come with a stand and be painted by me. I'm looking into latex additives that expand the life of masks and alternative materials right now... On the sculpt, I've done some work on the top of the head around the ribs so I'll post an update soon.

As far as Predator, I might do a sculpt some day in the near future but I imagine a warrior suit or Giger Alien might come first.

on a side note, if anyone has any links tio vinyl mask making I'd be interested to check that out!

Thanks again,
Phillip

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Masks would be awesome, but making a mold for polystone statues would be amazing as well. Those things look great on display. Hell, even if it was plastic it would still look great.

But seriously, you are an artist. This thing is superior to the Sideshow sculpt by a lot. If you are not taking art classes now, I would recommend it because you show astounding talent and attention to detail. This thing is beautiful.

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

OMG this is awesome, how did you did that!!!

-alienhunter14

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Love it. I did something similar in high school but only had the tiny scorpion alien from those Kenner toys to work from so the detail was limited. It was 1:1 bust cast in plaster from a clay sculpture. I did it during mid year school holidays as part of a mixed media peice (also did a huge painting with me webbed up on a wall and an alien behinds me) and took me about 6 weeks. GOD it was fun to make. At the absolute height of my alien fandom. I also did a 1:1 Predator one too including plasma caster based on Anytime. Kinda makes me wanna get back into it again. They weighed a freaken tonne.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

I want one. No, I NEED one.  :o

D.R.

D.R.

Thanks to the Monolith, I've decided that poly stone is the way to go... I will most likely add shoulders now. I've done a lot of work since my last update, so I'll try and get new pictures up soon.

Thanks everyone!

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Phillip on Dec 01, 2010, 08:05:19 PM
Thanks to the Monolith, I've decided that poly stone is the way to go... I will most likely add shoulders now. I've done a lot of work since my last update, so I'll try and get new pictures up soon.

Thanks everyone!

I can't wait to see the new pictures. :)

D.R.

D.R.

OK here's the latest... I've done a lot of work on the head and gums... refined the teeth more... got started on the shoulders.

Thanks everyone!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed