The Fans vs The Predator

Started by echobbase79, May 16, 2017, 03:26:09 AM

Do you like where Shane Black is taking the franchise?

Yes
21 (29.2%)
Maybe
8 (11.1%)
No
4 (5.6%)
Oh, HELL NO!!!!
22 (30.6%)
I'll make a judgement on where Shane Black is taking it when there is something to actually judge
14 (19.4%)
Didn't read the script but I'm not overly critical and don't get my panties in a bunch based on leaked set photos so I guess I'm neutral either way.
3 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
The Fans vs The Predator (Read 12,810 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Title says it all.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

All I'll say is that... it's hard to remain optimistic. But I'm trying. It's just that the more I hear... the more I want that leaked script not to be true. But I haven't said anything bad or good. I haven't said the movie is gonna suck. I haven't said the movie is gonna rock. I'm keeping my distance. Some ideas I don't like, and you know what, that's okay. But I will wait until the details are revealed, when a trailer is shown and what not...

I think that's all I can ask of myself to do.

predator88

predator88

The scrip is a an absolute turd fest, while reading it I was like " Is this a Predator fan parody ? Seriously there are so many cringe worthy scenes in it that if only half of them make the final cut I'll piss in Black's mouth

Doomofman

Doomofman

There's a few bits of the script that I'm a bit off about (though I've not actually gotten hold of the script yet, just from what I've read on here) but that's more due to them not being great writing than anythihng to do with the direction this movie is taken the franchise.

Personally, I'm happy with the way it's going, we already have the 'hunt' movies to rewatch if we want, I don't want to watch another rethread of that.

Highland

Highland

Might be the first Alien/Predator movie I've never saw at the cinema....

Waiting on trailer.

SyntaX

SyntaX

And how certain are we that this "leaked" script is the real-deal?  ;)

Just because some guy took elements from AvP, threw 'em together, adds several spider things? Now we have a set-photo showing a Predator on the APC and immediatly people are starting to panic. Yeah, fans ...

Fans who are having a hard time to swallow a change/addition to a character. That's not what I call fans.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

The script is real. The interpretations of it are subjective. There's also some outright falsehoods which are repeated based on overheated emotions.

I've always said the film will be equally loved and hated and not for everyone. I personally love the script, but that's me. I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 16, 2017, 09:59:43 AM
The script is real. The interpretations of it are subjective. There's also some outright falsehoods which are repeated based on overheated emotions.

I've always said the film will be equally loved and hated and not for everyone. I personally love the script, but that's me. I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

I didn't realise you actually liked the script... I was under the impression you weren't a fan of it. At least someone seems to not hate it

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Doomofman on May 16, 2017, 10:04:56 AM

I didn't realise you actually liked the script... I was under the impression you weren't a fan of it. At least someone seems to not hate it

How do we know, exactly, if it's real?
Scripts tend to be touched up alot ... even after this supposed leaked first draft

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: SyntaX on May 16, 2017, 10:08:19 AM

Scripts tend to be touched up alot ... even after this supposed leaked first draft

Well firstly, nobody has ever said it's a first draft, also nobody is saying that it's not been changed from what the leaked version shows. However, there has been nothing in any of the set pics that has contradicted the leaked script but there has been plenty of things that correspond directly to what's in the leaked script.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I didn't realise you actually liked the script... I was under the impression you weren't a fan of it.

Do you read my posts?

Quote from: SyntaX on May 16, 2017, 10:08:19 AM

a) No one said it was a first draft. Mine almost certainly was not.
b) I know it's real. You don't want to believe it, don't. For one, I know my source and for another, every single inch of BTS on-set material leaked corresponds exactly to the script. It's the movie they're making and I am good with it.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Ebert, who hated Predator 2 once said :

"It is not related to the gentle beings who came to visit us in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind.""

But last year Shame Black said "The sensibility will be part noir, part mystery and part Close Encounters of the Third Kind"

Nuff said.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/predator/255826/the-predator-is-part-noir-part-mystery-part-close-encounters

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/predator-2-1990

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

???????

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 16, 2017, 11:15:19 AM

Ebert, who hated Predator 2 once said "this is not Close Encounters of the Third Kind"

But last year Shame Black said "The sensibility will be part noir, part mystery and part Close Encounters.

Nuff said.

Keith

Keith

Do I like how the Predator is being treated like a joke? Oh, HELL NO!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed