The Fans vs The Predator

Started by echobbase79, May 16, 2017, 03:26:09 AM

Do you like where Shane Black is taking the franchise?

Yes
21 (29.2%)
Maybe
8 (11.1%)
No
4 (5.6%)
Oh, HELL NO!!!!
22 (30.6%)
I'll make a judgement on where Shane Black is taking it when there is something to actually judge
14 (19.4%)
Didn't read the script but I'm not overly critical and don't get my panties in a bunch based on leaked set photos so I guess I'm neutral either way.
3 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
The Fans vs The Predator (Read 12,730 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Master on May 19, 2017, 12:15:38 AM
Only hope are rewrites and toning down most controversial bits, as it was done with Ps.

Yeah, that movie turned out great.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 19, 2017, 01:09:42 AM
Makes you wonder if all these fansites saying that Arnold declined because of pay and having a minimal role is damage control.

Literally the only people claiming Arnold hates the movie vs. wanting a bigger role are fans.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 19, 2017, 01:09:42 AM
Me too. Story is horseshit and dwells into self-parody territory.  Only hope are rewrites and toning down most controversial bits, as it was done with Ps.

Makes you wonder if all these fansites saying that Arnold declined because of pay and having a minimal role is damage control.

No, Arnold declined because his role is literally like half a page long.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Master on May 17, 2017, 10:41:44 PM
Friend who gave it to me asked me not to share it, I don't want to be untrustworthy and put him in unpleasant situation.  I'll try to answer all your questions though.

So do you have the same opinion as Predator Spirit? Do you like any of it at all?
Does it match up with leaks and photos?

Master

Master

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on May 19, 2017, 03:17:16 AM
Quote from: Master on May 17, 2017, 10:41:44 PM
Friend who gave it to me asked me not to share it, I don't want to be untrustworthy and put him in unpleasant situation.  I'll try to answer all your questions though.

So do you have the same opinion as Predator Spirit? Do you like any of it at all?
Does it match up with leaks and photos?

Hard question.  I does much up in nearly 100% with photos . I do like intro and inetraction between loonies. Some action sounds cool too. Predator Spirit is harsh for the script, but he is not far from truth, as far as I'm concerned.

Ulm

Ulm

Me too. Story is horseshit and dwells into self-parody territory.  Only hope are rewrites and toning down most controversial bits, as it was done with Ps.

Girlfriend, that is in your opinion. Keep the faith.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I have confidence in the fact that Shane Black can put up something interesting, well executed and with great visual style (which is essential in any movie, especially sci-fi/immersive movies like this one). In terms of predator mythos though, I think some stuff is great, and other stuff not so much, but I prefer to stay positive even if I understand the general concern. Black excels in storytelling and character development also, so we can hope better dialogue/banter and characterization than in predators, which was very bland I think.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 19, 2017, 10:05:54 PM
I have confidence in the fact that Shane Black can put up something interesting, well executed and with great visual style

the news regarding this actual movie suggests otherwise

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: cliffhanger on May 23, 2017, 05:55:08 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 19, 2017, 10:05:54 PM
I have confidence in the fact that Shane Black can put up something interesting, well executed and with great visual style

the news regarding this actual movie suggests otherwise

By that I guess you mean
Spoiler
the predators with camo pants ?
[close]
I was referring to that when I said there was some stuff I didn't like, but maybe it's not that important in the final movie, I don't know...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed