Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,067,924 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 01, 2012, 04:13:57 PM
Purussaurus
Ye gods. That's even bigger than the Cretaceous crocs. Even taking into account that pretty much everything had a larger relative until the last couple of glacial periods, that's one ridiculous animal. What did it live on, elephants?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Awesome isn't it. Take in account, though, that it depends on what estimation you are relying to. Some theories give the same maximum length to the Cretaceous Crocs I think.
Purussaurus probably preyed on animals like Stupendemys (enormous prehistoric turtle, one of the largest ones). I think some prehistoric dolphins may have ended up on the menĂ¹ as well.

MI4:GP, good movie I thought, one of the must exhilarating movies I've ever seen.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Thor

Despite starting off as my least favorite film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thor has quickly become one of my favorites. I now consider this film to be right up there with the first Iron Man. I really loved the more out-worldly, cosmic story as opposed to the other Earth-based films in the MCU. Thor is a great character, and even better is his brother Loki, played brilliantly by the excellent Tom Hiddleston. I really can't wait to see more of this character; Loki is honestly one of the things that I am most excited about seeing in The Avengers.

Up next: The final film in my personal MCU marathon, The Incredible Hulk.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Beethovens 3rd - 5/10

Shasvre

Shasvre

Predators

First time seeing this since 2010. It's not horrible, but somewhat boring.

6/10

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 01, 2012, 08:59:03 PMThor

Thor is a great character, and even better is his brother Loki, played brilliantly by the excellent Tom Hiddleston. I really can't wait to see more of this character; Loki is honestly one of the things that I am most excited about seeing in The Avengers.

Aye, both of them have plenty of good scenes in The Avengers. One of my favorite moments in the entire movie is when they met again for the first time since Thor.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on May 01, 2012, 10:38:14 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 01, 2012, 08:59:03 PMThor

Thor is a great character, and even better is his brother Loki, played brilliantly by the excellent Tom Hiddleston. I really can't wait to see more of this character; Loki is honestly one of the things that I am most excited about seeing in The Avengers.

Aye, both of them have plenty of good scenes in The Avengers. One of my favorite moments in the entire movie is when they met again for the first time since Thor.

Not surprising, considering that I remember your favorite scene in Thor was Thor's and Loki's conversation just after Coulson's interrogation. It was actually my favorite scene as well, so i'm really looking forward to seeing them meet up again.  Should be very interesting to see how they play off of each other this time, with all of these other characters now thrown into the mix.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on May 01, 2012, 10:38:14 PM
One of my favorite moments in the entire movie is when they met again for the first time since Thor.

...and Tony Starks immediate response on what to do when that goes down

Spoiler
'We need an attack plan!'
'I have a plan: attack!'  ;D
[close]

Bought Predators used on blu-ray from Blockbuster for 29kr. :laugh:  I'll re-watch it again and give it away to someone who wants it. I agree with the boring part. Also, I cant believe how much they stole directly from Predator - there must be 50 shots/scenes, somewhat a 'homage' to Predator in there. Not to mention that they just re-used Silvestris iconic soundtrack all over the place...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 10:47:06 PM...and Tony Starks immediate response on what to do when that goes down

Spoiler
'We need an attack plan!'
'I have a plan: attack!'  ;D
[close]

Aye. :laugh:

But I was actually thinking of a few moments later...

Spoiler
...when they're on the mountain top and Thor pleads with Loki to come home. :'(
[close]

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 10:47:06 PMBought Predators used on blu-ray from Blockbuster for 29kr. :laugh:  I'll re-watch it again and give it away to someone who wants it. I agree with the boring part. Also, I cant believe how much they stole directly from Predator - there must be 50 shots/scenes, somewhat a 'homage' to Predator in there. Not to mention that they just re-used Silvestris iconic soundtrack all over the place...

One scene I did like is when they found Danny Trejo sitting in the grass. That was genuinely creepy.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on May 01, 2012, 10:50:42 PM
One scene I did like is when they found Danny Trejo sitting in the grass. That was genuinely creepy.

Yes - I just never understood how that played out. If I remember correctly, some 'automated' weapontrap destroys the stone Adrian Brody throws in there. I didn't get that - isn't the whole deal with the preds and their 'hunter/warrior code', how they personally hunt down their prey? Perhaps I'm remembering the scene wrong...  :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Gonna be doing a big Avengers Marathon starting tonight, two of which I haven't even seen yet (The Incredible Hulk and Captain America). Gonna be going chronological.

I've got the Blu-Ray of Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Thor on Netflix, and The Incredible Hulk & Captain America ordered on Demand.

I need to shoot up dat hype for Avengers.

Eva

Eva

Sounds like a night - enjoy  :)

PS: I've meant to ask - how is everything shaping after that fall you had, the jaw and everything?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 02, 2012, 12:09:52 AM
Gonna be doing a big Avengers Marathon starting tonight, two of which I haven't even seen yet (The Incredible Hulk and Captain America). Gonna be going chronological.

I've got the Blu-Ray of Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Thor on Netflix, and The Incredible Hulk & Captain America ordered on Demand.

I need to shoot up dat hype for Avengers.

Enjoy yourself Sweeps!

I'll actually be finishing up my own marathon tomorrow ;D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Eva on May 02, 2012, 12:26:25 AM
Sounds like a night - enjoy  :)

PS: I've meant to ask - how is everything shaping after that fall you had, the jaw and everything?
Very kind of you to ask.  :)

I'm feeling much better now; took about a week and a half for a full recovery, but some tender love and care helped out.  :D

Hubbs

Hubbs

Errrr....Avengers  ;)

Review on Avengers thread page 335 ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed