Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,068,015 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

The Howling: 5.5 out of 10

The Fog: 7 out of 10

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Hitcher 9.5/10

This was the 1986 original that I watched. Goddamn, it was great. The story follows Jim Halsey (C. Thomas Howell), a young man who's delivering a car from Chicago to San Diego. We pick him up as he is crossing through Texas. After nearly getting in a head-on collision with a semi truck because he fell asleep, Halsey decides to pick up a hitchhiker (Rutger Hauer), thinking that it'd keep him from falling asleep. The hitchhiker's name is John Ryder, and he quickly reveals that his purpose for getting in Jim's car is a most homicidal one. Jim manages to get Ryder out of the car, only to find out that this nightmare is only beginning.

The entire thing was very well done; it was oozing suspense, my heart racing the entire time. Howell gave a pretty good performance as Jim, but it was easy to tell that this was Hauer's movie. His acting was incredibly chilling; it's up there with Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal. Everything about him was incredibly eerie. You could tell from the moment he got into Halsey's car that all was not right with him. It was a breathtaking performance, and ties with Roy Batty as Rutger's definitive role.

Overall, a very suspenseful, very chilling movie. Definitely check this one out.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Goodfellas. Bam bam woosh bam, and then it's over!

Daken

Daken

Timber Falls

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Gunga Din

One of my older favourites.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

The Winnebago Man.

so many tears

EEV2650

EEV2650

Hobo with a shotgun

Blew machete's ass away! Still not as good as the Grindhouse films but it got close. Rutger Hauer is God  :D

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Sweet Karma: 6.5 out of 10 - didn't quite know what to expect but it turned out to be quite captivating and Shera Bechard was great a fantastic lead. Considering the subject matter, it could have degraded into pure camp; the undesired kind. In the end though it left an emotional impact on me which has to be considered a win.

Skyline, don't hate me, but i actually quite liked it, maybe because i had such low expectations.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: AvatarIII on Aug 22, 2011, 09:12:53 AM
Skyline, don't hate me, but i actually quite liked it, maybe because i had such low expectations.

Battle LA was a better movie

yeah, that's what i have heard, i have put B:LA to to top of my rental list so i can watch it sooner rather than later for comparison.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Priest - 7.5/10

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 22, 2011, 05:02:48 AM
The Hitcher 9.5/10

This was the 1986 original that I watched. Goddamn, it was great. The story follows Jim Halsey (C. Thomas Reilly), a young man who's delivering a car from Chicago to San Diego. We pick him up as he is crossing through Texas. After nearly getting in a head-on collision with a semi truck because he fell asleep, Halsey decides to pick up a hitchhiker (Rutger Hauer), thinking that it'd keep him from falling asleep. The hitchhiker's name is John Ryder, and he quickly reveals that his purpose for getting in Jim's car is a most homicidal one. Jim manages to get Ryder out of the car, only to find out that this nightmare is only beginning.

The entire thing was very well done; it was oozing suspense, my heart racing the entire time. Reilly gave a pretty good performance as Jim, but it was easy to tell that this was Hauer's movie. His acting was incredibly chilling; it's up there with Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal. Everything about him was incredibly eerie. You could tell from the moment he got into Halsey's car that all was not right with him. It was a breathtaking performance, and ties with Roy Batty as Rutger's definitive role.

Overall, a very suspenseful, very chilling movie. Definitely check this one out.
Yep. Iit is golden. But there is one flaw in this review.
It is C. Thomas Howell. Where did Reilly come from?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I have no idea. ???

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Aug 22, 2011, 06:25:05 AM
The Winnebago Man.

so many tears
Glad you liked it; it's one of my favorite documentaries out there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed