Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,071,767 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: RagingDragon on Aug 02, 2011, 10:04:43 PM
Skyline.

Dude, heard this movie was meh from a lot of people.  Now I think I'll take movie opinions from said people with a big ass grain of salt.

Spoiler
This movie was freaking awesome, and one of the best alien invasion films to come out in the past 5-7 years.  The special effects are amazing for what I thought would be a low-budget survival-horror teenage disaster, and the aliens look great (besides some being hybrid-types from a slew of other sci-fi movies) but they also have some unique things they do, such as vaporizing human heads so that they can plug their brains into their alien war machines to use as fuel or something.  God, at least they tried to do something original!

The characters can be a bit dumb, sure, but it's really not the point of the film  There's a few good ones in there to root for, anyhow.  Also there are some very dramatic moments that are well done, and the ending is straight video game (but an awesome video game :D)
[close]

I highly recommend anyone who skipped this film due to someone they know dogging it to go see it immediately, it was fantastic.

Everything seems better when you're smoking crack...

But seriously, there wasn't ever a point to this film. Nothing was achieved, nothing was accomplished. We never find out why the aliens are there and why they take people. Then there's explanation to what actually happened to the main character. It's not the worst film I've ever seen, it is far from forgivable.

But hey, each to their own.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 03, 2011, 05:40:00 AM
I only wish Toshirō and Clint had starred in a film together; that teamup would be unstoppable.
One of the great movie what ifs. Would have been something.
That remark reminds me of how Clint tried to do a movie with Wayne. Wayne refused because he didn't like the new kind of westerns. Wayne, I think you are great, but you turned down what would have been a masterpiece.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Bardock: The Father of Goku. 9/10

I really enjoyed that movie.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 03, 2011, 05:40:00 AM
Yojimbo 9.5/10

Spoiler
f**king hell, this movie was badass. Starring Toshirō Mifune as one bad motherf**ker, this film showcases him playing two rival gangs against each other, and him showing up to clean up what's left, like the f**king badass he is. He doesn't get a girl in this, but that makes him even manlier I think; he ain't got time for that shit, he's too busy kicking ass and taking names. This thing led to A Fistful of Dollars, the movie that jump-started the careers of both Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood, so we owe a helluva lot to it. I think I prefer Dollars slightly over this, but goddamn, this thing was great. I highly recommend it.

I only wish Toshirō and Clint had starred in a film together; that teamup would be unstoppable.
[close]

That and Seven Samurai are at the top of my must see list. After watching 13 Assassins a few weeks back, I've had an itch to go check them out.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

DragonBall Z Movie XIII: Wrath of the Dragon
One of the better DBZ films, even if always filled with the standard genre dialogue.
Aw yeah Hildegarn.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

A few recent watches:

RED
Very enjoyable.

North by Northwest
Most excellent.

Super
Kevin Bacon.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 03, 2011, 02:36:19 PM
DragonBall Z Movie XIII: Wrath of the Dragon
One of the better DBZ films, even if always filled with the standard genre dialogue.
Aw yeah Hildegarn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUCrZbiMcp4#ws

;D

Hubbs

Hubbs

The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)     ;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 03, 2011, 02:03:39 PM
That remark reminds me of how Clint tried to do a movie with Wayne. Wayne refused because he didn't like the new kind of westerns. Wayne, I think you are great, but you turned down what would have been a masterpiece.

What? D:

The Duke and Clint together? Goddamnit...

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 03, 2011, 02:15:46 PM
That and Seven Samurai are at the top of my must see list. After watching 13 Assassins a few weeks back, I've had an itch to go check them out.

Yeah, Seven is great as well. You'd like 'em both.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Aug 03, 2011, 02:36:26 PM
A few recent watches:

RED
Very enjoyable.

North by Northwest
Most excellent.

Super
Kevin Bacon.

Greatest. Review. Ever.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Yes, well... you know. *flicks hair* I try.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 03, 2011, 05:07:14 PM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 03, 2011, 02:03:39 PM

What? D:

The Duke and Clint together? Goddamnit...
Oh yes. Quite sad. You can read about it on his bio on IMDB. He really seemed crushed by that one. I don't hesistate to call that one of the biggest mistakes of John Wayne's career. Probably his biggest.

RED
Very enjoyable.
Willis does it again. Made me laugh like True Lies did. And it was great to see Borgnine again.

North by Northwest
Most excellent.
One of the best damn movies ever made period. I always refer to this as the James Bond movie without James Bond.

Super
Kevin Bacon.
I still need to see this. I hope Kevin's neck is feeling better.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't seen Super yet, but I can give an even better review :P

Kevin Bacon and Nathan Fillion

Keg

Keg

Batman
Batman Returns

Man the last few days ive lived and breathed Batman. I watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight a few days ago, yesterday I played Arkham Asylum for a few hours and then watched Batman last night. Today ive watched Batman Returns and read Year One, The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns.

And I need MOAR!

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 03, 2011, 08:35:09 PM

Indeed. I can tell you now Kevin Bacon is brilliant and Fillions cameos are hilarious.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So what is the movie about/ I know its kind of like superheroes, but darker and a parody? Or am I misunderstanding it?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 03, 2011, 08:35:09 PM

Sorry. I think Bacon wins. He has a clone army.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed