Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,067,837 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Dark Mirror – 5.9/10
Gah I was full of disappointment I don't know why I gave it a second chance...

Evil Dead 2 – 9.5/10
How can anyone not like this movie the first 10 minutes into the movie there is a naked dead woman with ought a head dancing around I love the stop motion animation I love the effects I love everything about this movie!  And if you're a true horror fan you will too.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

District 9.

To call it the best science-fiction film of the last decade is to damn it with faint praise. District 9, on the grounds of sheer visual and thematic density alone, easily stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the established classics of the genre like Blade Runner and 2001. Not only that, it could well be a pioneer of a new brand of filmmaking, as the story is told through a kind of visual stream of consciousness alongside a barrage of popular media. In a time where filmmaking tools are more affordable and user-friendly than every before, I'm betting that we'll see this style become increasingly prevalent.

A gorgeous, adrenaline-fueled, heartbreaking, and frequently hilarious allegory on the horrors of dehumanization, on a canvas painted by Chris Foss and buried under 30 years of dirt, sand, and blood.

Perfect.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

Alien (1979).

9/10

An incredible film. Though since it was the first movie in the series you could easily tell the Alien was a man in a suit in some shots not all though. Still an incredible and landmark design. This film has great suspense and can be somewhat frightening. It was and is a milestone in horror films.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ScarredWolf on Feb 13, 2011, 04:45:16 PM
Alien (1979).

9/10

An incredible film. Though since it was the first movie in the series you could easily tell the Alien was a man in a suit in some shots not all though. Still an incredible and landmark design. This film has great suspense and can be somewhat frightening. It was and is a milestone in horror films.

The only time it ever looked like a suit to me was when it was dangling form the ship.

Still, completely agreed. Incredible, classic film.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2011, 04:46:47 PM
Quote from: ScarredWolf on Feb 13, 2011, 04:45:16 PM
Alien (1979).

9/10

The only time it ever looked like a suit to me was when it was dangling form the ship.

Still, completely agreed. Incredible, classic film.

This.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 13, 2011, 04:39:45 PM
District 9.

To call it the best science-fiction film of the last decade is to damn it with faint praise. District 9, on the grounds of sheer visual and thematic density alone, easily stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the established classics of the genre like Blade Runner and 2001. Not only that, it could well be a pioneer of a new brand of filmmaking, as the story is told through a kind of visual stream of consciousness alongside a barrage of popular media. In a time where filmmaking tools are more affordable and user-friendly than every before, I'm betting that we'll see this style become increasingly prevalent.

A gorgeous, adrenaline-fueled, heartbreaking, and frequently hilarious allegory on the horrors of dehumanization, on a canvas painted by Chris Foss and buried under 30 years of dirt, sand, and blood.

Perfect.

Ooohh!  ;)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

The similarities are pretty striking.

Spoiler

[close]

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Pineapple Express! Love it :D :D :D :D :D :D ....  ::)

Prime113

Prime113

The original Mechanic. One of the quickest endings I have ever seen.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Conan the Barbarian.

f**kin' aye.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

A Man Called Horse
Like Little Big Man the same year, this film tells of a white man's integration into a Native American tribe, though this time it is an English lord (played by Richard Harris) as opposed to a white American child. The village actually speaks their native tongue as opposed to the translated dialogue in Little Big Man, which adds to the realism. Seeing the lord treated like crap but gradually growing to become accepted was great. Full of beautiful imagery especially during a wonderful dream sequence around the middle of the film. Check this out. It was wonderful.
10/10

Psycho (1960)
What can I say that has not already been said? It is directed by Alfred Hitchcock. It has Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Vera Miles, John Gavin and Martin Balsam. It has music by Bernard Herman. It is one of the greatest films of all time and is often (rightfully so) regarded as quite possibly the greatest horror film of all time. Still disturbing, brutal and shocking after 50 years.
10/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheMonolith on Feb 14, 2011, 12:26:05 AM

Psycho (1960)
What can I say that has not already been said? It is directed by Alfred Hitchcock. It has Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Vera Miles, John Gavin and Martin Balsam. It has music by Bernard Herman. It is one of the greatest films of all time and is often (rightfully so) regarded as quite possibly the greatest horror film of all time. Still disturbing, brutal and shocking after 50 years.

8)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Toy Story 3 – 9.9/10

I will be honest I just saw the movie, why I never saw it in theaters I will never know.  Anyways OMFG it made me cry three times!!! There is no way anyone can hate this movie unless they never owned a toy in there life!  The details the story the voices the characters just... damn... one of the best movies of last year!  If this doesn't get an Oscar I will take a plane to whoever's house decided on that and punch them square in there face.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Predator Queen on Feb 14, 2011, 12:30:41 AM
Toy Story 3 – 9.9/10

I will be honest I just saw the movie, why I never saw it in theaters I will never know.  Anyways OMFG it made me cry three times!!! There is no way anyone can hate this movie unless they never owned a toy in there life!  The details the story the voices the characters just... damn... one of the best movies of last year!  If this doesn't get an Oscar I will take a plane to whoever's house decided on that and punch them square in there face.

My guess at the three parts

Spoiler
When Rex mentions Bo Peep at the beginning
The Claaaaawwwww
Andy giving Bonnie the toys
[close]

Great, now I feel like crying...and rewatching the whole trilogy...Thanks PQ  :)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2011, 12:33:23 AM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Feb 14, 2011, 12:30:41 AM
Toy Story 3 – 9.9/10

My guess at the three parts

Spoiler
When Rex mentions Bo Peep at the beginning
The Claaaaawwwww
Andy giving Bonnie the toys
[close]

Great, now I feel like crying...and rewatching the whole trilogy...Thanks PQ  :)
Yah you got 2 out of 3
Minus the Bo Peep thing

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed