Can we use gifs as avatars here or not?

Started by Wolf Predator, Sep 05, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Author
Can we use gifs as avatars here or not? (Read 8,022 times)

Wolf Predator

I am new here and i am just wondering could we use gifs as our avvys or not. A mod told me that we can't but i saw two members here having them as avatars, Could someone clarify with me about this matter as i am kinda confused  ???

Darkness

No, GIFs aren't allowed. It says so in the rules.

ElderPredator

Just curious, Why not?

Darkness

Because the last thing I or any sane person wants to see is distracting images bouncing all over the screen which takes my attention away from what I'm reading.

It's common sense.

On some forums (GameGossip, for example, when it was around), you couldn't even select an avatar nevermind a signature.

ElderPredator

Ok then.

Darkness

The point is, be happy with what you have.

It's also my attempt at trying to make sure this forum isn't overrun by children. Strangely enough, they cause the most problems here. I wonder why that is...

ShadowPred

Because they are not mature, it's as simple as that.

Noir-Gojira

Hey, just wait 'til Requiem comes -_^

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Sep 24, 2007, 05:52:29 AM

oh yeah!!! this place is going to be swamped with spam.  >:(

Sgt.Torque Reikan

^

sad but true

Kriszilla

Indeed. Shut down the site on release week then re-open it later, hopefully people looking to talk about it will have gone elsewhere by then.  ;)

Gonzossm

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 23, 2007, 06:51:56 PM
The point is, be happy with what you have.

It's also my attempt at trying to make sure this forum isn't overrun by children. Strangely enough, they cause the most problems here. I wonder why that is...

I dont know why but on the forum i have i like having a few newbs there they dont bother me but when u have a swarm of em yea theres a problem. just threaten them with the banhammer when avpr is released

Alienseseses

Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 16, 2007, 08:46:32 PM
Indeed. Shut down the site on release week then re-open it later, hopefully people looking to talk about it will have gone elsewhere by then.  ;)

That will also be a good idea so people don't get instantly spoiled before seeing the film.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Sep 24, 2007, 05:52:29 AM

That ture. I predict that in the next couple of days after AVPR comes out, we will get an onslaught of Spam. There will 4 pages of Spam and it will be like IMDB.

*hides in bunker*

brad873

dont shut the site down, just stop non-members getting on the forums, so we can talk, and they cant

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed