The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 84,431 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah i was about to say that if i can survive David's bullshit creation stuff, i can survive anything !

ELDERCLANLEADER

So basically all our concerns have been realised. I knew this film was going to be a mess. What's the point in watching a film only for the ending to ruin everything up to that point. If early reviews are like warm, I think this film is going to bomb at the box office. SAY GOODBYE TO PREDATOR FOR 20 YEARS! Disney will be looking at this like a hawk. I'm going to wait for my fellow predator fans to pass judgment before I watch it. I'm not ruining what predator is to me.

predator88

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 12:53:18 PM
So basically all our concerns have been realised. I knew this film was going to be a mess. What's the point in watching a film only for the ending to ruin everything up to that point. If early reviews are like warm, I think this film is going to bomb at the box office. SAY GOODBYE TO PREDATOR FOR 20 YEARS! Disney will be looking at this like a hawk. I'm going to wait for my fellow predator fans to pass judgment before I watch it. I'm not ruining what predator is to me.

Are you going to watch it ?)

Wweyland

So after months of reshoots and test-screenings, they selected an ending that is outrageous?
Maybe it worked well for the test-screening crowd but doesn't make sense for the fans?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 07, 2018, 12:59:54 PM
Maybe it worked well for the test-screening crowd but doesn't make sense for the fans?

It does seems like it will work well for kids who like super hero movies. How many predator fans are left at this point? We are too few for Fox/Disney to care.

Highland

Yeah I also find it weird the ending is super whack, unless it sets something up. I mean not every movie has to have an OMG ending.

Is Pepper Pots inside the Predator suit. That's my limit.

( no seriously don't tell me).

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic... After watching mr H review on it... absolutely not, infact the ending is that out there and dreadful I think we should all boycott the damn thing. I don't want to throw in spoilers, so I'll keep my mouth shut. But that quite possibly is the final bail in the coffin for the franchise. Just want to say politely and honestly, "f@ck you fox and black for ruining my favourite character of all time, with your marvel wannabe unimaginative bullshit"  really sorry but that ending is even worst than the idea of friendly predators, or the dodgy leaked script. How on earth did they think that was going to work? So much for all you idiots saying Shane black is better than Nolan. At least all his films know what they are. Just quit Shane black. You have ruined the franchise job well done ! 👍

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 07, 2018, 12:39:14 PM
It's not as bad as David making the Alien, but damm the ending sounds cringey as f**k, they sure do seem desperate to resort to crap like that. The movies have went full retard, that's what the comics used to be a long time ago, the movies are the new EU. And the EU now is the one with some sense to it. We are f**king doomed brah.

Quote from: predator88 on Sep 07, 2018, 12:20:24 PM
we'll have to wait for a sequel another ten years.

Maybe it's for the best, better a unrelated predator sequel 10 years into the future than a sequel to the this movie following that ending.

Probably so. An indirect sequel, like the other previous Predator movies, would be the best bet. And it might not even take that long to "mentally rinse" the bizarreness of that ending. Memories are shorter these days  :)

BigDaddyJohn

I was about to ask if the poor ending is linked to the fact that they try too hard to set up a sequel maybe ? Without spoilers please  ;D

Corporal Hicks

I'm not expecting this to perform well at the box office.

Xan21

Xan21

I think this movie will bomb so hard that this ridiculous ending will not stick...

predator88

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 01:11:10 PM
I was about to ask if the poor ending is linked to the fact that they try too hard to set up a sequel maybe ? Without spoilers please  ;D
Not only, that.The thing itself wants to set up a sequel around a plot device so stupid it makes your head hurt. Seriously for more than an hour I try to comprehend the things Hicks revealed in his youtube review but still cannot. The ending is beyond retarded..

andreaNZ

Damn ive gone and read the spopoiler reveiews just the plot and ending all i gotta say is I KNEW it was gonna go down tha route..Im still excited to see the film but im dreading that ending......
I think i wioll make a statement and walk the F out at that point......

Then i will go see it a second time in a row after ive cooled down...lol

Samhain13

And we used to complain about friendly predators. Things sure can get always worse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed