The Predator - CHINA release

Started by Tetsujin, Sep 09, 2018, 03:00:00 PM

Author
The Predator - CHINA release (Read 20,078 times)

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Ahhhhh that poster teases the film we should have gotten. :'(

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

They can't stop using that APC in marketing even though it was cut from the film.

Nathsp

Nathsp

After the shitty result may be they decided to release the other cut of the movie, lol

The Old One

The Old One

I doubt it'll be much of a release.

Naginata

Naginata

'Passing' a government censorship board shouldn't be a point of celebration in any case.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Tetsujin on Sep 30, 2018, 08:07:24 PM

Holy f**k I want to see that movie instead! :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That's great news. China will likely ensure "The Predator" reaches profitability.👍

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps upon alternate universes.

As I've stated before, it features nor the cast or the concepts to attract Chinese audiences.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 01, 2018, 02:08:01 AM
That's great news. China will likely ensure "The Predator" reaches profitability.👍
I hope not, this movie deserves to flop, and i dont wanna see the franchice as the iron predator suit vs the dna vams from space...

spinksy

spinksy

I've been trying to find the box office numbers for Predators from China alone but haven't been able to find a definite answer.

should hopefully make a fair bit there though?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: spinksy on Oct 01, 2018, 09:17:55 AM
I've been trying to find the box office numbers for Predators from China alone but haven't been able to find a definite answer.

should hopefully make a fair bit there though?
Predators wasnt released in China in 2010.

A China release won't "save" the movie, but more money at this point is always a good thing. It won't be profitable in it's theatrical run, unless it makes a 150 million in China, but China could actually push this thing, so that it can make some money for the studio in it's home release, which these movies sell very good on.

That being said, it's at a 115 million now, which is actually pretty good. I just wish they didn't waste as much money on this, with the reshoots at night, the scrapped sets and two fully functional hero Predator suits... this movie could have saved at least 20 million.

Either way, we won't get a sequel to this, expect another movie in 5 - 8 years in a full blown reboot with another studio. Disney won't make a Predator movie, they will sell the rights.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

So no pussy jokes for them... Sad...

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Disney wouldn't be producing Alien or Predator films directly, just like they don't produce Marvel or Star Wars. Those fall under their own studios and Disney distributes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed