Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 52,280 times)

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Infected on Mar 15, 2017, 12:26:22 AM
...my conclusion is: the mystery died with Prometheus, its almost a fact we have to start realising.
Humans, androids, engineers and xenomorphs, thats all we are gonna get out of this.
I realized that a long time ago.

Xenoscream

Hmmmmm.

Didn't Ridley recently say something along the lines that an AI can't be originally creative?

I think David has taken the fire from the Gods and is trying to replicate their work - he's obviously getting closer, but I live in hope that the OG bio-mechanical nightmare is not a product of his creation, but the legit ancient version the engineers created / found.

I'm now most interested in what happens to Shaw - given some of the artwork seen on set.

I can guess at the end of Cov. David will end up in possession of the entire colony ship to set up the next installment... holy Christ I just had a nasty thought, if egg morphing is a thing perhaps the cov. colonists are the eggs we see in Alien?! - hopefully not.

Also this must be the most spoiled movie ever?!

fernandito

Quote from: Xenoscream on Mar 15, 2017, 07:01:50 AM
Also this must be the most spoiled movie ever?!
Most certainly, although It's our fault not theirs. Wespoil the film ourselves. They're just building hype without caring just two cents on spoiling everything.

Problem is that same happened with Prometheus. I mean they spoiled the entire movie through trailers like these, and in the end the movie was not good, saving exceptions like Fassbender and the engineer boy, which was amazingly done in that pressure suit thing let's be honest.

So this being said, I fear the same will eventually happen with Covenant.

Whose responsible for the ammount of content you give away through trailers?. Scott?. If that true and not Fox then he should not be trusted, once more.

I still can't believe he gave away the proto-alien..

Cavalorn

Cavalorn

Quote from: banecat on Mar 13, 2017, 11:31:44 PM
i am all for david's creation being a new version of something ancient, otherwise the mural makes no sense at all

There are murals of dragons on the walls of British churches, but that doesn't mean that dragons existed.

For all we know, David could have been inspired by Engineer myth, or tried to create a beast from their religion. His amoral android nature could have led him to contemplate bringing monstrous things to life, things that were never meant to exist in reality.

It could be a horrific, reversed version of the events in Galaxy Quest. An outsider mistakes fiction for history and tries to 'recreate' it.

Kronnang_Dunn

"David watched impassively as Oram struggled and DIED...".  ::)

Err... has the person who wrote that ever seen an ALIEN film? ;D

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Cavalorn on Mar 15, 2017, 09:47:10 AM
Quote from: banecat on Mar 13, 2017, 11:31:44 PM
i am all for david's creation being a new version of something ancient, otherwise the mural makes no sense at all

There are murals of dragons on the walls of British churches, but that doesn't mean that dragons existed.

For all we know, David could have been inspired by Engineer myth, or tried to create a beast from their religion. His amoral android nature could have led him to contemplate bringing monstrous things to life, things that were never meant to exist in reality.

It could be a horrific, reversed version of the events in Galaxy Quest. An outsider mistakes fiction for history and tries to 'recreate' it.
This is a pretty interesting way of looking at it.

JokersWarPig

The more I look through this thread the more I think giving the Alien an actual origin is the wrong way to go. Destroying the mystery behind them takes a lot away from them imo

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 15, 2017, 01:12:46 PM
The more I look through this thread the more I think giving the Alien an actual origin is the wrong way to go. Destroying the mystery behind them takes a lot away from them imo

Alot has been taken already.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 14, 2017, 11:04:23 PM
(...) then why does Covenant focus so much on David making his Xenomorphs? They're really hinting at David being their creator. It kind of contradicts what Scott says.

It doesn't necessarily contradict with what Scott says. Why Covenant focuses on David making Protomorphs? Who else can do it? He is the main antagonist who's got God complex. Because he re-creates (I hope he does) them doesn't make him the creator. I assume that David discovered some ancient knowledge in the Engineer city and acts as obsessed doctor Frankenstein. Considering that Fox abandoned Prometheus 2 David may be plot tool used by Covenant writers and Scott to show us how this process of evil creation works. Besides movie doesn't focus entirely on David. We have protagonists as well. It's not just about David and his freak show. It's more than that.

fernandito

Perhaps the engineers are going to take David's new alien and further improve on it in the third and last movie. I mean they should be really pissed after what David has done, and in their own planet, so double shame on them right

The goal then after improving David's proto-alien on the classic one should be of course to use it on us as retaliation.

The idea behind this is, first based on that pic we some months ago of two engineer on pressure suits examining a classic biomechanical alien contained in an observation tube, and second on Scott's recent line "AI shouldn't be that creative".

So all those who don't like the ide of David creating the classic alien should still breathe a sign of relief. Even then, David created the prototype

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 15, 2017, 01:12:46 PM

No mystery has been destroyed. Paradoxically more mystery has been added to the pot. Do you know who Engineers are? All we really know that they created us and wanted to destroy us by using bio-weapon. That's all. All the rest are just fan theories and speculations. Nothing official.

Xenoscream

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 15, 2017, 01:28:20 PM
The idea behind this is, first based on that pic we some months ago of two engineer on pressure suits examining a classic biomechanical alien contained in an observation tube, and second on Scott's recent line "AI shouldn't be that creative".

Is this a thing?

shawsbaby

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 15, 2017, 01:28:20 PM

I don't remember seeing anything like this. Do you have the image? A link?

Necronomicon II

Well, I just re-listened to Wayne Haag's interview and what he says seems to contradict finding out the origin of the species, instead mentioning that's it's more about "found tech". He says there's tonnes of answers and an aspect in regard to the origins. So, presently, I don't know what to make of anything right now given what Haag said. Seriously, everyone should re-listen to that interview.

fernandito

Quote from: Xenoscream on Mar 15, 2017, 01:51:43 PM
Is this a thing?

Quote from: shawsbaby on Mar 15, 2017, 01:58:54 PM
I don't remember seeing anything like this. Do you have the image? A link?
I think It was Neca advertising, and I think I saw it in this very page in the news section.

It was two engineers on pressure suits looking and a classic alien inside an observation tube

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed