2011 gameplay demo walkthrough video was a lie, then

Started by Slaine, Feb 12, 2013, 09:29:53 PM

Author
2011 gameplay demo walkthrough video was a lie, then (Read 10,151 times)

OpenMaw

It's not different than the Doom 3 E3 Alpha or the Half-Life 2 E3 Demonstrations.

The content was recycled and reused throughout those games. Either assets, sounds, bits of geometry, it's all in there, and i'm sure most of that demonstration is in the game in some fashion or another.

MichaelMyers

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 12, 2013, 10:09:26 PM
Wonder if they can get in trouble for that, or if they can go 'alpha footage subject to change' and face no consequences.
The latter unfortunately

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 13, 2013, 01:15:27 AM
Quote from: Gate on Feb 13, 2013, 12:48:14 AM
I don't believe it's stupid to be mad when the marketing for a game doesn't remotely reflect the quality of the product you are purchasing.

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. What I am saying is that it;s stupid to be mad about a demo level that never showed up in the actual game. I provided a video of a similar thing with the Halo 2 demo that was shown at E3, another situation where a level never made it into the actual game. I don't remember anyone dying over it, don't see why anyone should for this game either.

Problem is, the A:CM demo was overall alot better than the final product we got, not the other way around.

Prime113

Quote from: Guts on Feb 13, 2013, 08:42:25 AM
I don't believe it's stupid to be mad when the marketing for a game doesn't remotely reflect the quality of the product you are purchasing.

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. What I am saying is that it;s stupid to be mad about a demo level that never showed up in the actual game. I provided a video of a similar thing with the Halo 2 demo that was shown at E3, another situation where a level never made it into the actual game. I don't remember anyone dying over it, don't see why anyone should for this game either.

Problem is with the A:CM demo is better than the final product not the other way around.

:( Yeah...yeah.

MichaelMyers

Problem is with the A:CM demo is better than the final product not the other way around.
Dude has a point. But this sort of thing isn't exactly that uncommon either

ShadowPred

Yes, I understand that, but my point was that being mad because a level doesn't show up in the final product is not something that's worth anyone's time. It's happened before, and it'll happen again.

randy4321

This is about as bad as Hammerpoint Interactive and their cover up with the war z's missing advertised mechanics and gameplay that's not actually in the game. I said it before and I'll say it again. There truly is no hope for video games.

Prime113

Quote from: randy4321 on Feb 13, 2013, 10:59:35 AM
This is about as bad as Hammerpoint Interactive and their cover up with the war z's missing advertised mechanics and gameplay that's not actually in the game. I said it before and I'll say it again. There truly is no hope for video games.

Well, 343 is doing a great job with keeping my faith alive.

randy4321

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 13, 2013, 11:04:31 AM
Quote from: randy4321 on Feb 13, 2013, 10:59:35 AM

Well, 343 is doing a great job with keeping my faith alive.
I'm just not going to get my hopes up or have very many expectations when it comes to future titles. I'll just be watching from afar to see what happens next.

Jango1201

So everyone would rather have the game rushed and cramed together? Don't you guys have enough to complain about already?

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Jango1201 on Feb 13, 2013, 11:23:45 AM
So everyone would rather have the game rushed and cramed together? Don't you guys have enough to complain about already?
Despite over 6 years, the consesus is that it's still rushed...What's your point?

reecebomb

It's a lie because the guys were acting, as if they were really playing the game. They were just mashing the non working buttons.

Keg

Game developers have done that time and time again over the years. Especially with trailers or teasers so far away from release. I remember the ones for MGS2 in particular showed an incredible amount of footage that never ended up in the game, some of it created deliberately to make it look like Snake was the main character (and keep Raiden a secret) and some of it was just cut from the game.

There was shots of Snake on a suspension bridge fighting a harrier, Snake on the tanker while Rex rampaged above him (on the deck of the ship which never happened), him running away from corridors exploding behind him and also from water crashing through the ship. Then they also inserted him into some scenes that in the actual game were Raiden.

Promethean Fire

I would have thought the "Work in Progress" disclaimer was a giveaway... ;)

Effectz

05:00 Randy Pitchford says.

"Aliens can climb on the ceilings and wall,it's all driven by Sophisticated Artificial Intelligence"

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed