'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer

Started by Space Sweeper, Aug 06, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

Author
'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer (Read 56,998 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 06, 2012, 09:22:08 AM
The GBX guys are funny. They say the PR is caseless ok, then why you implemented a cock animation every time the new mag is inserted even if there is still a bullet in the chamber? If you do that the weapon will jam because the chambered bullet can't go anywhere...

Of course it could be worse.  It could be like Aliens where the caseless weapon ejected casings.

One could also argue that you'd still need to work the charging handle to eject any sort of jam that occurred in the chamber.  Of course if you didnt have an animation of a round ejecting the chamber when you charged the weapon, then it would be a moot point.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Did anyone notice that there is a health bar now?  It shows up when the player gets hurt.

acrediblesource

Did anyone notice those stupid looking icons of alien heads that pop up during the mulitiplayer?
I had a hard time distinguishing what I was looking at. Its just a yelllow icon and looks like jaws and a helmet.  Thats real bogus to think that aaliens  are just a pair of sawtooth teeth, human jaw and big construction helmet.
BOOOOO.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I noticed something great. Near 3:28 or so, the xenos are moving bipedal. Oh man this is such a relief (phew)

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

Pulse rifle sounds TERRIBLE!!! How hard can it be to get the sound right? It ruins the entire game!

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

This trailer feels like THE EXPENDABLES.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I honestly hope that the bit where the acid blood is hurting the player is from the campaign, because it looks like it DOES a shitload of damage. I really hope I'm right on this being from single player, because I love it.

Everything else in this trailer is actually ok at best. Different kinds of Xenomorphs doing different types of work? I'll buy that, as long as they actually show me that these xenos are doing work that normal xenomorphs can't afford to do. If that happens, I'll be happy.

Still going to have to explain all the other continuity issues though.

Pulse Rifle just sounds like a joke. Pitchford looks like he is about to have a heart attack every time he wants to f**king geek out. Please Pitchford, you don't need to f**king explain what these bastards are, or anything in the game, the same goes for everyone. Just talk about the game as if you're talking to the fans with no bullshit, because in all honesty these will be the MAJORITY of people that will buy this game.

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

I just cut together some Pulse Rifle audio from ALIENS - Listen to it GEARBOX!  You are not even close at this point!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmyUAonkzrs#ws

Bio Mech Hunter

The GBX guys are funny. They say the PR is caseless ok, then why you implemented a cock animation every time the new mag is inserted even if there is still a bullet in the chamber? If you do that the weapon will jam because the chambered bullet can't go anywhere...
These guys seriously need to open up a dictionary and look up the word "authentic". >:(

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

The pulserifle sound in the movie is actually terrible to listen to. Its tinny and high end and meant for the mix of a 1986 movie. If you actually had it in your hand and recorded it today (not 1986 ) it would sound quiet different. Stop this nonsense.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Aug 06, 2012, 05:10:25 PM
These guys seriously need to open up a dictionary and look up the word "authentic". >:(
Yes and I am not even opening the case with the mirrored rifle model. I don't mean just the ammo counter - ok, mirror it for the sake of the gameplay not a big deal. But why they mirrored the charging pull too? In the movie its on the right side, its not a big deal for the soldiers. They will just move their left hand over or under the rifle and pull it with a finger or two. In Ghost Recon Future Soldier its done right.

Predaker

Predaker

The new "deferred lighting" seems pretty cool, how all the lights and shadows play off the environment. I like it.

WickerMan

WickerMan

So the Genetic drones from Resurrection are appearing? Sure looked like them.

The other alien concept is also very reminiscent of the Kenner scorpion Alien.

acrediblesource

I'm getting this feeling that although not accurate to the first or second film at all, this game may be cool to have all these different types of Xenos, so long as the game play is diverse (not just run and shoot) and that we get  a great deal of identity associated with each variation of the creature and that each xeno we encounter has a lasting feeling and great replay value strategizing to defeat each foe.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 06, 2012, 05:30:28 PM
The pulserifle sound in the movie is actually terrible to listen to. Its tinny and high end and meant for the mix of a 1986 movie. If you actually had it in your hand and recorded it today (not 1986 ) it would sound quiet different. Stop this nonsense.

It's an extremely signature sound, man.
Out of all the things they can mess up or change a bit this isnt one of them. Specially when you are going to be listening to it constantly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed