Alien hosts/ eggs / hive - debate

Started by Plokoon111, Aug 03, 2007, 02:12:24 AM

Author
Alien hosts/ eggs / hive - debate (Read 1,312 times)

Plokoon111

So it makes me wonder if aliens could imprenant any kind of host. What are its limits? For instance could a cat get facehugged? What about a baby, or a toddler. It opens to many possibilitys. Then what about elephants, rhinos, and other big animals?

And how would this work: Brett was transforming into a egg? Hows that possible, how would that happen, do aliens spit on them? And how d oaliens make eggs?

John-Kormag III

John-Kormag III

QuoteAnd how would this work: Brett was transforming into a egg? Hows that possible, how would that happen, do aliens spit on them? And how d oaliens make eggs?
i can say a theory about only this - the "egging disease" simply consumes a human flesh and transforms it into it's own.
to my mind it is clearly not a "mutation" like cancer for example. if it was - brett and dallas would turn into an egg in a whole body volume.
and they transform from legs to up. and don't die - their inner organs stay not-touched for long.
this looks like some flesh EATING a human from a surface of his body (and not taking the inner for long time), starting from his legs and moving to his head.

scholar

scholar

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Aug 03, 2007, 02:12:24 AM
So it makes me wonder if aliens could imprenant any kind of host. What are its limits? For instance could a cat get facehugged? What about a baby, or a toddler. It opens to many possibilitys. Then what about elephants, rhinos, and other big animals?
i guess the limit is how big the face and neck are if it can squeze it off because of shere size and also babies are smaller than the thing that would come out of it so i dought that it would work

Plokoon111

I beg to differ, a baby would be just the size of a cat, I think a facehugger could easily d oit to a baby.

scholar

scholar

but the chest buster would be deformed from lack of room to move wthout killing the host until its ready

Plokoon111

But maybe embreo develpment differs in size when the facehugger detects the size of the host, so if its cramped, it will develp smaller, and wont need as much when it bursts out.

Ballzanya

facehuggers are nasty and resilient little creatures and their instinct is to find a host, so they will surely try to attach to anything they can whether it means they might get hurt in the process.
It might not be possible for them to infect a baby with an embryo but it will surely try. The chestburster would probably burst out at an earlier stage than in an adult, but would eventually grow to the adult alien, although it would take a little longer, and it would probably molt a few more times.
Since according to the first film, the space jockey was "hugged" and it was pretty damn big, I see no reason why a rhino or an elephant couldn't be as well.
I think the difficulty is with smaller organisms, clearly a mouse couldn't be infected with an embryo, as the ovipositor is bigger than its esophagus. So that's probably the limit, as long as a facehuggers ovipositor can go down something's throat, it can lay an embryo. It doesn't need to fully wrap around the hosts head either, as long as that can be done.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed