Hudson's last stand

Started by gameoverman, Jul 10, 2007, 11:54:10 AM

Author
Hudson's last stand (Read 13,976 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

My favourite scene in the whole saga.  That's what I like to see - people just losing it in an intense situation and going all out - taking out tons of aliens before they die.

If we could get just one scene like that in AVP2... 

Highland

Highland

Lol, yeah He does have some claims to fame for being the guy who goes out like a flame in a both sets of movies.

I dont think Guns are gona play a big part in this one for some reason, i think the military are gona be the guys who show up at the last minute.

But yeah , we need some more Hudsons in this world!

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I don't like that scene because Hudson dies and he's the best character.   :'(

SM

SM

Hudson's a shallow stereotype.  A shallow stereotype with very memorable dialogue, but a stereotype nonetheless.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

It's one of Cameron's strong points though...he makes thin characters seem a lot more "alive" than most movies manage.

...except for Crowe and Wierzbowski, that is. ;)

SM

SM

Quite.  And there's nothing wrong with being a stereotype in this instance.  Ripley, Newt, Hicks, Bishop and Burke need the lion's share of the character development.  Not every character should be deep and meaningful in films like this.  There's not enough time.  Making them memorable is the next best thing.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Hudson is my son.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

"17 days, were not gonna last 17 hours"

W. Hudson.

"we don't want any rush hour Rambos there"

J. Lambert.

both his characters were great, William Hudson and Jeri Lambert, out of just fun it would be cool to see him in AVP 2 since he was in predator 2 and aliens but not as any relation to his other characters, but as another character like the others but with his own difference. 

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

That would be overkill.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I love Bill Paxton to death.

Yes, he is incredible in Aliens and Predator 2, but every movie you see him in, you just think, GODDAMN, that is Bill f**king Paxton.

No matter who he plays he is Bill f**king Paxton. Put a mustache on him like In Navy Seals, True Lies, and Tombstone, he's still Bill Paxton.

Love the guy.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

And if you haven't already, see Frailty.

Turns out Billy-boy is a great director, too. 

Hell, he's even great in 'Big Love' which I don't really watch, but the girlfriend loves it, so I tend to see a fair bit of it.  :)

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Shallow stereotypre or not, Hudson is my favorite character in aliens. (we all know the first time we saw him die we though: "WTF?") If we can get even one character that memorable in AVP2 that'd be enough for me.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Why did you think "WTF?" when he died?

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Because I was attatched to the character.

SiL

SiL

I laughed the first time.

People cheered when my dad saw it in '86.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed