Quote from: SM on Jul 01, 2007, 11:53:22 PM
One hand to hold her chips.
One hand to hold her beer.
One hand to hold her remote control.
One hand to scratch.

I guess that settles that.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Not that the Dark Horse comic DOTS is on my favs list, actually it is one of my most disliked of all time, but it had one redeeming panel, showing a Queen Alien running holding an egg with its secondary arms. Not canon, obviously, but it is a good idea.

The second set of arms could be used to take an extra egg with her, if there is a viable on near by, if she has to leave the hive in an emergency and there are no regular Adults near by any more.

This way her larger more proportionate primary arms set are freed up so she can function more or less like a giant sized regular adult without having her hands full.

This does not discount the possibility of the ability to lay an emergency egg, but is just another survival characteristic of the Queen, and a good use for the secondary arms.

Haloxpok3mon

Haloxpok3mon

It could also be an evolitionary biproduct. For ex. the human appendix has no real funtion in our body yet it is there. It is belived that once, our ancestors needed it to surrive but now it is obsolite. Another good example is the T-Rex. Its stubby little arms could not grab, rip or even help it to its feet, but they were still there. Maybe a long time ago the secoundary set of arms had a larger role or purpose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed