AvP gold help!

Started by Killer185, Jan 15, 2008, 03:47:54 AM

Author
AvP gold help! (Read 4,424 times)

The Diesel

The Diesel

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jan 15, 2008, 08:19:25 AM
Reinstalled it recenty. It workes just fine under XP, otherwise run it in a compatibility mode for Win98.

I had TERRIBLE lag problem and looping music from the intro. Than I found some years-old threads (Google is GOLD I tell ya) about how sometimes it helps if you RENAMED the exe file. I renamed it from AvP.exe to AvPG.exe and suddenly the game works without a glitch! Who would have thought...
I have been playing that game glitched for years now.  Thanks to you, I no longer have the music loop.  You ABSOLUTELY ROCK for posting this.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: BlkSoul on Jan 18, 2008, 08:34:18 AM
and your'e point?

Downloaded warez games can sometimes have unstable or unknown results.

bobcunk

bobcunk

i have the same problum with sound looping. il try the rename thing. i playd this game so much i memorized it and could beat it in like an hour i also remember putting it on my highschool computers. it didnt need a cd or anything. only thing i didmt like was that you had to have the disk in to here music.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: The Diesel on Feb 05, 2008, 03:29:14 AMI have been playing that game glitched for years now.  Thanks to you, I no longer have the music loop.  You ABSOLUTELY ROCK for posting this.

:) Glad to be of help!

I would never have thought about this solution myself, I thought the name of the file can change nothing at all. Obviously it can.  ???

Killer185

Killer185

Funny I just gave up....  ???

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I seriusly don't understand what your problem might be. If other games work and you have XP... everything should be fine.

Than again, this "should" fails surprisingly frequent...

Get another version of the game to test if your version isn't somewhat lacking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed